NO ADVERTISING POLICY!

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
brendanc

NO ADVERTISING POLICY!

Post by brendanc »

This is a general message to "all" Bassin' USA message board members. It has been our policy that we do not allow people to freely advertise on our message boards. Over the past few weeks, there has been influx of users posting messages that are nothing more than advertisements.

This site was designed as a meeting place for fishermen to share information. I understand that sometimes people come across products or services that are impressive and they would like to share with other the members. We do not have a problem with anyone talking about products and mentioning specific company names especially when it is in response to another users asking for help.

However, we do have a problem with people posting messages that contain telephone numbers, addresses, website addresses, etc., with the sole intent of sending business to a company that does not advertise with Bassin’ USA. If we allow companies to advertise for free on the message boards, we lose them as a potential customer.

Advertisers keep this site up and running. If we can not pay the bills, we have to shut down the site. Please respect the hard work that everyone at Bassin’ USA has put into developing and maintaining this site, by not posting ads.

If you insist on posting ads on the message boards, your post will be deleted, you will receive a warning email and our web development team will flag your IP address. If you post a second advertisement after being warned, your user account will be deleted, and your IP address will be blocked.

Thank you for your cooperation on this matter. If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here, or email me directly.

Sincerely,
Brendan Cucinello
President
Bassin’ USA
[email protected]
Brendan C.
bassin butch

NO ADVERTISING POLICY!

Post by bassin butch »

Brendan:
I hope that all make the matter as important as I do. This is the best web-page that I have found as a bass fisherman. I would not want to see anything change. I want to let you, pros, other members, and web-page sponsors that I support their products. Lets warn people, and if needed remove them as members. Hopefully we wont need to! But we should respect, not augment rules, please follow posting rules.

Respectfully submitted
Bassin Butch
Tubenfool

NO ADVERTISING POLICY!

Post by Tubenfool »

Can you forgive me,
I didn't know about the rule?
My intentions were to help other fisherman.

I wish someone had told me about the product before I lost my rod and reel.
I have nothing to do with the company at all.
Steve
We all should respect the outdoors, respect others, what we do is a reflection of what others think of our sport. We started off just having fun. don't loss the faith.
Tubenfool

NO ADVERTISING POLICY!

Post by Tubenfool »

I want nothing more than to become a Bass fishing pro.
I am retired so I fish almost every day.
one thing about me you don't know is my respect for others, the post of removeing me hurt.
If and when I ever do become a Pro I will respect everyone the same.
Steve
We all should respect the outdoors, respect others, what we do is a reflection of what others think of our sport. We started off just having fun. don't loss the faith.
brendanc

NO ADVERTISING POLICY!

Post by brendanc »

Steve,

Please accept my apology if your feelings were hurt, that was not my intention.

I hope you realize that you are not the only person who has posted messages that promote outside companies. The message was removed because it is and has been our standard policy since we opened these message boards.

Your account was not flagged, and we didn't even send you a warning email. Why? Because I knew that your post was only intended to help your fellow angler. However, if we left the post up, then how can we tell advertisers that we do not allow these types of post on our boards? They would see other posts that promote tackle, equipment, etc. and feel that we are singling them out.

Your contributions to the message boards have been enjoyed by all of our members. Please don't mistake our intentions here, we are simply acting in the best interest of the company and trying to preserve this resource for all the fishermen who visit.

I hope you know that you are still welcome on these boards. All we ask is that all of our members respect the few small rules that we have set in place.

Brendan
Brendan C.
mofish

NO ADVERTISING POLICY!

Post by mofish »

Steve I too have posted before without realizing with the intention to educate. I try not to mention names but sometimes thats the only way to get it across. I understand the reason you posted, I have lost a rod or too over the side of the boat.

Please continue to contribute to the boards we respect what you have to say.
I think Brendan put it very well.

We as Prostaffers are suposed to promote the products we represent in a professional manner. This site was created to help others that are learning bass fishing. All of the Prostaffers are representatives of different companies, but while we are here, we are representatives of BASSINUSA and promoting the learning of Bass fishing, and helping others should be our goal.

We all have the Private message icon on our post if anyone has a question pertaining to products that I use they can e-mail me or private message me and will be glad to help in any way I can. We Prostaffers also have our own Prostaff page that was set up to show support for our sponsors and tell some of our history. Not many sites do that.

This is the best site I have found that the Prostaffers don't pound in the fact that they use this or that and that is why I wanted to be part of it. I am glad to see that Brendan will stand up and make sure that it doesn't happen here. My hats off to you.
Steve please continue to be part of Bassinusa.
Conley
Thanks,
Conley Staley
Tubenfool

NO ADVERTISING POLICY!

Post by Tubenfool »

Thanks Conley and Brendan
As I strive to be a Bass Fishing Pro,
I know I will stumble and have to get back up.
I couldn't agree more with what you both said,
it makes such good sense I am
wondering why I didn't think of it.

I do have one question before I close,
Have you ever fished all day at a tournament and not caught one fish.

What tips could you pass on to prevent being skunked.
Steve
Steve
mofish

NO ADVERTISING POLICY!

Post by mofish »

Too many times to mention have I been skunked.

When its getting close to the end of a tournament and I have no fish in the well. I tye on a small 4" worm. 6 to 8 pound test and just fish the junkiest looking stuff I can find. Lots of times its pulled me through for that one little fish.

You can also tie on a mini crankbait and cast it around docks.

Main thing is never give up. Most of have a tendensy to just throw in the towel and say the heck with it they just aint biting. Not me I fish right up untill the last minute. I refuse to be defeated. Some times it works sometime it doesn't, but I will not let myself quit.

Just for example my wife and I were fishing a tournament last month. It was almost 100 Degrees out side and we had nothing in the live well. We moved up the river to the bridge just to get out of the heat. There was only 40 minutes left in the tournament and she had just about give up. She tossed her little crankbait next to the bridge piling and wham a 6.47 beautiful ole green back fish. Needless to say she got big bass of the tournament and we both learned a lesson on them hot days getting in the shade aint all that bad.
Thanks,
Conley Staley
Tubenfool

NO ADVERTISING POLICY!

Post by Tubenfool »

Conley nothing warms my heart more than honesty.
It is tough to admit it or just be truthful.
But to me it tells me a lot about a person.
If ever I get to become a Bass fishing Pro
that’s how I want to be perceived.

I have the honesty part down,
now if I could just get the fishing part down.

Fish tremble at the mention of my name
>`•.¸¸´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸>(((º>
.•´¯`•.>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸>
Steve
brendanc

NO ADVERTISING POLICY!

Post by brendanc »

I can't tell you how much it means that you all support this site. I remember when I first got into bass fishing. I used to search the internet high & low trying to find information about this great sport. I wanted to find out how to get into fishing tournaments, but there was nothing out there. Sure, you could find tournament trials, but nothing explaining how they work. It took me almost 1 & 1/2 years before I learned about bass clubs and how their tournaments were a great starting place for someone wanting to learn.

Although I was on my way, I couldn't help but feel for the other guys & gals who would have to go through the same frustrations I did getting started. I wanted to do something for the fishing community and try to give people a place they could come to get answers.

All of you have helped fulfill that dream. This site continues to grow in leaps and bounds. Every time I read a post from the members here and see all of you helping each other out, it makes all the hard work worth while.

You all should know what an important role you play in the success of this site and I can't thank all of you enough for your contributions. You all have made Bassin' USA what it is today and this is just the beginning...

Thank you all!

Brendan
Brendan C.