CONNECTICUT OPEN TOURNAMENTS

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
scottig

Post by scottig »

Hi Brenden.Fishing for Ho****e Candlewood Lake May 7th Danbury Beach ramp Team tournament.$150.00 Includes $10.00 Lunker 70% pay out 30% to Charity.First place
$ 2,000.00 For more info go to www.fishingforho****e.com. Good luck tight lines
Scott G
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Thanks for the info Scott! I have a few friends who fish this tournament... Maybe I'll check it out this year.

Thanks Again,
BC
Brendan C.
Tim Kelly

Post by Tim Kelly »

Hi Guys, I've just found this message board and noticed this thread.
I live in England and have been invited to come over for the weekend to fish a tourney on Candlewood lake on the 14/15 May with a friend of mine. I have never fished there before (only fished for bass once before!) and wonder if any of you guys could give me a couple of pointers about what sort of tactyics are likely to be working for the bass, especially smallies, in the middle of May. I don't even know what the weather is likely to be like, so any pointers on what to expect would be really appreciated!

Thanks for your help

Tim Kelly

P.S. Can't wait to get there, really excited about the whole deal. Just fishing out of those cool bass boats will be a pretty new experience!
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Hi Tim,

Sorry for the delayed response... May 14 & 15th, then you will have both largemouth and smallmouth in pre-spawn and spawn stages. This is the best time of year to do some "sight fishing". Jerkbaits and tubes jigs are top producers at this time of year. The majority of fish will be concentrated in water less than 10' deep.

You'll be in for a treat fishing Candlewood in May, it's one of the best times of year for catching both numbers and big bass.

Best of luck...

BC
Brendan C.
Tim Kelly

Post by Tim Kelly »

Thanks for the info Brendan, can't wait to get over there. By jerkbaits do you mean things like husky jerks or ones like senkos/slug-gos?

Any ideas on what sort of (air) temperatures are likely in mid may? - so I know what clothing ot bring.

Tim