WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
brendanc

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Post by brendanc »

As I'm sure you all know we frown on people using the message boards to advertise. Our tournament message board gets abused regularly. We offer a section where tournament directors can post the details of there tournaments with directions and everything, but we still see guys "ADVERTISING" here on the boards. We want our members to be informed about any possible tournaments that are out there and we tend to let "ADVERTISING" slide on this board for that reason. The problem we are seeing is that many member's legitimate questions are getting pushed so far down the in the topic thread that no-one gets a chance to see them or respond to them. I have watched over the past year as competing tournaments "jockey" their position in the thread to make their tournaments appear at the top of the list. Multiple listings of the same tournaments with different titles are another common tactic being used. This also took place in our "tournaments" sections and was so extreme that the database is overloaded with garbage data that.

We want to get some feedback on this topic from everyone; Members, ProStaff and even the tournament directors who are the root of the problem.... All opinions are welcome.

HOW DO YOU ALL THINK WE SHOULD HANDLE THIS PROBLEM?

Many thanks in advance...
Brendan C.
jeremy_221

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Post by jeremy_221 »

I think it is fine for the tournament "advertising" to be on the tournament board. All users should be aware of any tournaments going on in their area. But they should not post it or anything about fishing chapters in the other boards. I like to post and get advice on things. And I also like to help whenever possible, but the topics are pushed way down on the board because of this advertising. Let them post on the tournament boards but delete the other advertisements on the advice boards. I love to know about tournaments, but it is getting too crowded on the boards for that reason. Thanks and good luck on the water.
Jeremy Evans

Remember, If you ain't bass fishing, you ain't fishing!
brendanc

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Post by brendanc »

Thanks for the input Jeremy. Hopefully a few more people speak up.

BC
Brendan C.
MMT

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Post by MMT »

Bren, how about making a forum for tournament questions. This will separate the advertising from legitamte points or queries guys are trying to make.
Craig DeFranzo
mofish

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Post by mofish »

It doesn't look like your going to stop them so I guess just make them a spot to post them.
Thanks,
Conley Staley
bass_assassin23

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Post by bass_assassin23 »

I dont see anything wrong with the posting of tournaments, but when you try to boost sales and chapter memberships and even your own fishing products i think thats wrong. I belive it would be good to have a classifieds type board to help with this problem. Also thanks for bringing this up to all who are not afraid to speak up.
fishing soothes the soul
Josh Brantley
"The Bass Assassin"