BEDDING

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
bassraper

BEDDING

Post by bassraper »

when do the bass stop bedding
is there a month

i have not caught a thing in three weeks.

i see them just sitting there mocking me.

lol
BASS RULE
GO FISHIN ITS GOOD FOR YA!

IF YA AINT BASS FISHIN
YA AINT FISHIN
dominick

BEDDING

Post by dominick »

late may

New Jersey, USA
jeremy_221

BEDDING

Post by jeremy_221 »

Casey,
Even thought they are on the bed, they will still bite. Just find something that is going to irritate them enough to bite. Put it right in their bed and they should bite it if it irritates them. Bedding is a slow time if you cant find the beds. But dont let the bass see you. If they see you, give them a few minutes and they will come back. Then sneak up on them and cast to them and they should bite. Good luck!!
Jeremy Evans

Remember, If you ain't bass fishing, you ain't fishing!
johnnie crain outdoors

BEDDING

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Bassraper,
Unless your seeking a trophy bass, or in a tournament, I suggest not fishing bedding bass. Many times bass caught off a bed won't spawn. There is no set date for bass to spawn, they go by water temperature, water clarity, length of daylight hours and moon phase. Bass will spawn whever favorable conditions allow. Bass in Texas and Florida may spawn in Feb, while bass in Iowa spawn in late May. Every state and even lakes are different. On large lakes, the headwater bass may spawn, say in late April and the bass at the lower end may spawn two weeks later. It's complicated and it should be, we don't want to know too much, takes all the challenge away. Good fishing.Johnnie
Johnnie Crain