Costly error in judgement!

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
bassin butch

Post by bassin butch »

I did it dumb mistake! My partner and I finished in second place a week ago with a good bag, this gave us some cash as well as starting the year in second place in points for team of the year earnings and rewards. Not a bad way to start a season I thought to myself. We entered our second tournament with great enthusiasm! The first bass was caught by my partner, I bumped the fish and it barely would touch the 14 inch mark. It was one of those darn fish that depending on how you positioned it: the measurement was so close just touching the magic line. We placed it in the well and continued fishing and caught 3 more solid fish. Prior to way-in I asked my partner to borrow the official tournament bump board for last verification that it would make the cut. I checked it and my partner gave it a look as well, we both thought it would make it. So with great glee we bagged our 4 fish and headed to the scales. The director called it short and we were disqualified. I cant even begin to tell you how I felt as I release 4 bass into the lake and headed home. The fish we caught if weighed, would have given us a 3 place finish. I learned a lesson the hard way: If you have even have the slightest doubt a fish is marginal toss it.
Bassin Butch
RNE

Post by RNE »

Been there, done that. It's a shame when it happens. But, it does to the best of us.

Sorry to hear about the disqualification, most here will kick the fish and dock you a pound instead of a DQ.
Fishing is life, any kind of fishing!