Good Start - Bad Start?

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
brendanc

Good Start - Bad Start?

Post by brendanc »

How is everyone doing this year in their tournaments (for those who fish tournaments)?

Are you off to a good start, or a bad one? This spring has been great so far for me and my fishing partner. We already have one win under our belt and have been in the money two times. This year has produced more smallmouths in the 5+ pound class than any other year ever! It has been a lot of fun fighting those giant smallies on light tackle.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone...

BC
Brendan C.
RNE

Good Start - Bad Start?

Post by RNE »

Grumbles, subbed in two, jackpotted one (last minute deal) finished one place out of the money twice, 41st the third. (175 boats)

Last one we had a solid pattern, chunk rock banks upstream side of sharp points. Crank, Shad Rap #5 in Silver black back. Pearl or smoke flukes carolina rigged. Could easily put together 17+ lbs. That was Thursday. It started raining that evening, it rained, and rained, and rained, then it rained some more. The lake came up two feet in 24 hours. High, muddy, and everyone's pattern had gone south.

Took exactly 14 Lbs to win that one. We toted an 8 lb sack to the scales and bailed. Didn't even wait to see the results, we knew there wans't any check in 8 lbs. Checked in and loaded up.

At least Greg and Rob caught some points out of the deal.

Those three might be the only ones I fish this year, or not, depends.

Richard.
Fishing is life, any kind of fishing!
Chase

Good Start - Bad Start?

Post by Chase »

First one is on June 18th on Sodus Bay in New York,Cannot wait.
mofish

Good Start - Bad Start?

Post by mofish »

So far Kelly and I are in 4th place in the standings and Have already got enough points to qualify for our 5th championship in a row.. So yes I would say we are off to a good start..
Thanks,
Conley Staley
brendanc

Good Start - Bad Start?

Post by brendanc »

RNE, 2 feet in 24 hours... we've been having some problems like that up here. That can really make fishing tuff. That line to take a check can be very illusive sometimes.

Chase, good luck on Sodus Bay, I hear it is a great fishery.

Conley, sounds like you two are off to a great start. Good luck with the rest of the season!
Brendan C.
Chase

Good Start - Bad Start?

Post by Chase »

I always do good on Sodus. I have Sodus Bay on one side on me and Lake Ontario on the other.Always good fishing.
johnnie crain outdoors

Good Start - Bad Start?

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

My Grandson, Trayven (10) and I are fishing the Burning Island Hawg Hunts held on the Mississippi river and are currently in the top ten. I'm in fourth, Trayven 8th. It's his first tournament season and he's better than I thought. Some of the semi-pro anglers can't believe how he can cast a baitcaster and catch fish. One proud Grandpa-Johnnie-Wish he'd stay out of my tackle box though!!
Johnnie Crain