BASS Memorial Tournament

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
mofish

BASS Memorial Tournament

Post by mofish »

Friday I had a day off and an invite from a friend to hang out with him and my brother all day at the BASS Memorial Tournament on Eagle Mountain Lake. MAN WHAT A DAY..

We were there at 06:00am that morning and I talked with almost everyone of them as they were launching their boats. Shook hads with VanDam, both Denny and Chad, even Ike. Hung out most of the day watching Swindle, Howell, Ike, Zell, Alton Jones,Shaw Grigsby, and Mark Mendez fish. Boy did I learn a few things watching these guys fish..

I dont konw how yall fish but I have read over and over about repeated cast to likley looking spots, about the most I can manage is about 5 or 6 cast to the same spot. These guys are making 25 to 30 cast to the same spots. Don't even get me started about thier casting skills because it will make you think you just picke up a rod and started learning when you watch how good they are. Unbelievable. I thought I was a good caster untill I watch Howell throw a spinner bait under the docks he was fishing. Shaw was the same way he was casting between boats in boat slips that had ropes hanging everwere and very seldom did he get hung up. These guys are just on a different level, and what a level to be on.

I saw folks running and gunning diffent docks and then there was Ike that stayed in one little area making 100s of cast to the same spot and moving into the lead for the tournament.

Wouldn't it be something to do that everyday and make money at it? I know that they have their problems and struggles with everything in-between the fishing. But when they are on the water it is just amazing to watch..
Thanks,
Conley Staley
RW-reeler

BASS Memorial Tournament

Post by RW-reeler »

Nice post Conley. Most of us think about what it is like on the water in a top pro's boat but few get to whatch or even better be in the back with them. The style you say the use is a commpletly different than the rest of the world.
I wonder when I get out back and practice just how many times when I get close to my target would they be in the middle.

RW-reeler