Night Tourney's

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
natasfonik

Night Tourney's

Post by natasfonik »

I have never fished a night tournament and could possibly use a tremendous amount of help on this one.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated
bass master/colo.
nice to be here please rate me
thanks for all your posts
brendanc

Night Tourney's

Post by brendanc »

How did we miss this topic??? Sorry about that Natasfonik.

Night fishing can be some of the best fishing you will ever experience in your life. Some of the biggest bass and limits of bass I have ever caught came at night.

You will find bass in many of the same areas and around the same cover you fish during the day. One difference is big bass are more comfortable roaming on open flats and areas that you would not normally expect to catch a big fish during the day.

Some of my personal favorite lures to use at night are: JigNpig, spinnerbait (single Colorado blade) and a top-water lure like a buzzbait or jitterbug. Oh, color, right... BLACK, BLACK and maybe a little BLACK.

Try these lures and let us know if you have any success... I'm almost certain you will.

One other important thing to remember is that you want to fish lures that you can keep in contact with because at night, you typically can not see your line (unless using black lights, etc.) and you want to feel cover and strikes. A JigNpig can be deadly at night for that reason... you can feel everything with it. It's all about FEEL at night.

A final tip... don't be afraid of the dark... at night the darkest areas can be some of the best areas. Keep lights down to a minimum and avoid shining lights on the water and near cover.

Best of Luck,
Brendan
Brendan C.