TOURNEMENT HELP!

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
YAMASENKO

TOURNEMENT HELP!

Post by YAMASENKO »

Help me guys. This up and comming weekend is my very first tournemnt. The weather is and has been in the 50's during the day and 40's at night. It is deffinatly pre-spawn. Any input on Patterns, water depth,
etc. etc. would be very helpful, and much appreciated. THANKS GUYS
CATCH AND RELEASE SO OUR KIDS GENERATION AND OUR GRANDKIDS GENERATION CAN ENJOY HUNTING THOSE SAME LUNKERS WE HAVE ENJOYED CATCHING.
brendanc

TOURNEMENT HELP!

Post by brendanc »

Hi YAMASENKO,

Do you have any more specifics (i.e. Info about the lake, resevoir, river etc.?) Happy to help, but would like to help you narrow your search down a bit...
Brendan
Brendan C.
YAMASENKO

TOURNEMENT HELP!

Post by YAMASENKO »

Well there is several lakes attached it is Tacoma lakes in maine.
CATCH AND RELEASE SO OUR KIDS GENERATION AND OUR GRANDKIDS GENERATION CAN ENJOY HUNTING THOSE SAME LUNKERS WE HAVE ENJOYED CATCHING.
natasfonik

TOURNEMENT HELP!

Post by natasfonik »

use search baits i.e. crankbaits and spinnerbaits also try to focus on waters that are warmer closer to the shore and first to thaw parts of the lake you are going to have to focus primarily on the aggresive behavior of the bass make your lures look distressed and vunerable that will bring some to the boat for you
bass master/colo.
nice to be here please rate me
thanks for all your posts
YAMASENKO

TOURNEMENT HELP!

Post by YAMASENKO »

Thanks for the info.
YAMASENKO

TOURNEMENT HELP!

Post by YAMASENKO »

I will let you all know how I do. It is a N.E.B.A. tournament, and our web site is http://homepages.roadrunner.com/wcba/index.html We also have some regular open tournaments during the season. We are a Maine chapter.
natasfonik

TOURNEMENT HELP!

Post by natasfonik »

good luck and remember time is on your side
bass master/colo.
nice to be here please rate me
thanks for all your posts
brendanc

TOURNEMENT HELP!

Post by brendanc »

Yamasenko,

Based on the weather and water temps and the fact that the lake is in Maine, you should find the majority of fish in an early prespawn stage. I would recommend searching areas with 10' rocky flats that quickly drop off into 25-35' of water. I'm not sure if Tacoma Lake(s) is a natural lake, or a reservoir/impoundment. If you can find areas like I mentioned with some sort of migration route (i.e. Stonewalls, road beds, creek channels, etc.) which run parallel to these flats, you should be able to mark bait and bass on your graph by idling along these migration routes. The larger females will most likely be holding at the base of the drop, however if you have a few sunny days in a row, they will move up onto the 10' rocky flat.

You can also spend some time searching shallow coves or bays that are protected from the wind, with dark bottoms, located in the north, west, or northwest corners of the lake. These Coves and Bays will be the first to warm up, because they receive the most sunlight at this time of year. In these areas insect activity will begin earlier, which will attract baitfish, which in turn, will attract BASS!

Best of Luck… I hope this helps…

Brendan
Brendan C.
YAMASENKO

TOURNEMENT HELP!

Post by YAMASENKO »

Yeah thats pretty much what I thought, but where I am new to tournaments I was second guessing my self. Thank you all for responding!
brendanc

TOURNEMENT HELP!

Post by brendanc »

Yamasenko,

How did you do in your tournament?

BC
Brendan C.