Bass fishin in the Fall!

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
BTwizy

Bass fishin in the Fall!

Post by BTwizy »

Ok guys I was hopin to pool some tips in, waters gettin colder and maybe the fish are gettin a lil more active. Thx in advance for all tips!
BTwizy

Bass fishin in the Fall!

Post by BTwizy »

Ugh I think I wanted this in the beginners board sorry guys...
brendanc

Bass fishin in the Fall!

Post by brendanc »

Hi BT,

This post works here too... don't worry about it, we're not that uptight... at least I hope we are not... lol!

This is a pretty complicated topic, because depending on where you live and fish, bass are doing different things. For example, bait fish migration in reservoirs can be a big deal in certain areas. On Long Island we get a really strong push of lunker bass that move into ultra skinny water. The one thing I can say with certainty is that we are coming into one of the best times of year to catch that "bass of a lifetime". Some of my personal best have come in the very late fall. Two things that I like to look for are the shortening of the days (which we are already experiencing) and then the first major cold snap where air temps drop into the low 50's and upper 40's. When this happens, you should start to see more activity from bass. Granted some days will still be better than others and the normal factors come into play, but cold fronts don’t have the same negative impact as they do a during other times of the years.
Let’s open this conversation up to get some general tips that you can try this fall. The fall can be a great time for using square billed crankbaits. The nice part is that you can cover a lot of water with these types of lures. They do not need to dive very deep as you will mostly be using them in either weed (swimming it over the top of the grass) or around wood and rock (bouncing it off the cover).
Give this article a read:

Fall Crankbait Article

Anyone else have some tips to help out BT?

BC
Brendan C.
MbBass

Bass fishin in the Fall!

Post by MbBass »

whats goin on btwizy . It has really been alot cooler here and the water has cooled down alot . And i have noticed that the LMB have been alot more active . Crashing the shoreline and crashing the top . Wasnt it you who said that you dont have alot of luck with spinners ? Well nows the time to work them . The white booyaa with 4 willows are on fire everywhere i go . And i have a weightless senko on standby . Try the white one and jerk swim it . The crankbaits have been doing alot better for me lately .

Nows the time they gorge themselves for the upcomeing winter atleast thats what i have read . This has been a great year for bass fishing . I am so hooked it is sad . But the waves arent alwayz great and i had to find something else to do . I go fishing every chance i get and it is so calming , Thats important cause i own my own buisness here in Myrtle Beach , SC .

Keep at it and always throw to same place a few times . That has helped me catch the big ones . I alwayz fish from shore you dont have to have a boat to catch alot of fish . Good luck man and let us know how you do .