shakey head fishing?

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
brendanc

shakey head fishing?

Post by brendanc »

Good advice from Jason on the hook set with a shakey head rig.

As for the multi-size/species with the spot remover, I think you will find that will most finesse lures... because they tend to be on the small size they are going to open the door for you to catch a wider range of fish. Glad to hear that you were able to put together a nice bag though... 15 lbs 6 oz... that's a very respectable bag.

BC
Brendan C.
Anthony Falzon

shakey head fishing?

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Thanks Jason, Brendan

I set up a couple of rods with a few different ones. Tomorrow hopefully after work I will hit one of our lakes close to home and test them. I use to fish SLIDER heads a lot a few years ago It looks similar. It would be great to add another tactic to the army, can't have enough.
jmoyer198484

shakey head fishing?

Post by jmoyer198484 »

so how did u do, on your test run with the shakey head
jason moyer
kspringer

shakey head fishing?

Post by kspringer »

Hey guys, sorry I havent posted much lately. Finishing up fishing season, work and taxi cabing kids to all their sporting activities. As Brendan mentioned earlier in the post, I just submitted product reviews on The Spot Remover and Knuckle Down Lures shakey heads. They both are awesome!!!! I fish them alot, especially on pressured lakes and rivers. The great thing about these lures is you will catch numbers of fish. But dont be fooled, they catch monsters as well as swimmers. I fish them on a 6'6" med/heavy baitcast rod with 12 lb McCoy flurocarbon line. You can rig it with many different types of soft plastics, but I usually use a 7" Strike King Super Finesse worm. I prefer the heads that have the spring keeper, I feel they hold you bait in place much better when skipping under docks and I dont think they tear up you bait as often. Both the Spot Remover and Knuckle Down heads are flat on the bottom which makes you worm stand straight up when sitting on the bottom giving it more action and drawing more attention. Add em to your arsenal and you wont be disappointed.
allen howard

shakey head fishing?

Post by allen howard »

Alot of good points. I also like to use it rigged whacky. it gives it a whole new action. With 6''zoom trick worms in green pumpkin and especialy in black. For the lakes around here which are usually clear with little to no grass or weeds. alot of laydowns and rocky bottoms.
edprocoat

shakey head fishing?

Post by edprocoat »

I have been using the shaey head jigs for over a year now. i started with a similiar type of stand up head jig I got at bass pros shop, instead of a spring on the jig eye it had a ribbed pin that you pushed the worm onto, I have had a lot of luck with both of these lures. I find them all purpose as far as technique goes, I usually cast out a 3/8 oz green pumpkin head with my choice of worm, I use this color as too me it seems to blend with most bottoms and makes the worm look like it is standing on its own. Here is a secret I tried last fall on lake toho when the bite was off for me, I rigged the worm backwards on the jig as it looked like it was coming out of the bottom in my mind. I cast it in a dark area about a foot out of the vegetation and let it set for a minute and then just twitched it a hair, and repeated it three or four times. Twice I got good strikes and lost them. Both times I reeled in to see if I lost or tore the worm as the push in type used to do that when hit. The next time I missed I let it set for what turned out to be three minutes as my wife called and it took that long to get her off the cell, lovingly, then I twitched it again and wham this time it took it and I let it have it for a few seconds and then just applied some pressure and in it came. It was about a four lb. bass. I use the berkely gulp worms, I like the watermelon with the speckles.

ed
My first artificial lure was a Flatfish orange with black dots, found it on a branch at 10 years old, still ice on the banks. I fell in getting it,real wood lure, tied it on and watched as it shimmied back, two feet from shore a 4lb 2oz hawg swallowed it, and I have been hooked ever since.
allen howard

shakey head fishing?

Post by allen howard »

I prefer the type with the screw spring attachment. And I use them in black and green pumpkin depending on the color of plastic I'm useing. I also like to use baby brush hawgs and 3'' rapiers on the jig. The bait to me stays put more than the push on type. Although both will do the job. It is one of my favorite baits when the bite is tough and you need a smaller slower bait. But be sure to be a line watcher most of my strikes they seem to just pick it up and swim off with it or just pick it up and sit there. The bite seems to be lite. On the other hand I've put alot of fish in the boat useing it.
brendanc

shakey head fishing?

Post by brendanc »

Here are the links to those Product Reviews mentioned above for Buckeye Lures - Spot Remover Jigs & Shakey Heads and Knuckle Down Lures - Knuckle Shaker Pro Jig Heads

I like your idea about rigging the worm backwards for something different... I do that with Yamamoto's Fat Ika.
Brendan C.
kspringer

shakey head fishing?

Post by kspringer »

OK guys, now I'm gonna throw a "power fishing" version of the shakey head into the mix. I have discovered a 5/8 ounce shakey head made by Xcite baits that are huge. We have been using 10 or 12" worms on these bad boys fishing them on ledges in 20 to 25 feet of water. I am fishing these on 6'10" heavy action Falcon rods, 12lb flurocarbon line on baitcasters. It is AWESOME!!! They also make a 1/4 ounce version as well, pair these heads up with a big worm of your choice or check out their 10.5" Maximus straight worm they designed for these heads. the website is
www.xcitebaits.com