shakey head fishing?

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
jmoyer198484

shakey head fishing?

Post by jmoyer198484 »

hey everyone,i was just wondering what does everyone use on there shakey head? i have heard alot of differnt senarios? like medium action rod-wit a spot remover and a trick worm,or lite action rod- with a lucky strike shakey head and a swamp crawler or finesse worm, what do u guys use and why? oh yeah an sorry i have been gone so long computer problems,but i am back and loving the south carolina fisheries,execep these lakes have alot of pressure,and the shakey head shines at times
jason moyer
George Cawthorn

shakey head fishing?

Post by George Cawthorn »

Hi bassboy!

I've been using the 3/16 Bassdozer shakey jig with 6" Roboworms on 6 lb. P-Line Halo medium action rod.
jmoyer198484

shakey head fishing?

Post by jmoyer198484 »

ok, i guess me and u geo are the only ones that fish a shakey head rig, lol
jason moyer
George Cawthorn

shakey head fishing?

Post by George Cawthorn »

As a matter of fact bassboy I was out at the Lagoon doing my thing with the shakey rig the other day but didn't get any bites.

Didn't get bites on any of my other goodies that day either. So it was just an off day.

It does take a lot of patience to fish that rig the right way though. All it takes is just a very little gentle shake to get the tail of that worm quivering just right. A lot of people pick that up thinking it's gonna be a piece of cake... actually it takes a very precise touch to get it on.
Anthony Falzon

shakey head fishing?

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Hey George,Jason

This is my first year fishing a shakey head. Its a new thing for me so I'm trying to figure out which rod,line etc... will work best for me. It is finesse fishing definitely.
jmoyer198484

shakey head fishing?

Post by jmoyer198484 »

yall are right it is not something u just pick up one day and conistly catch fish,it takes patience,it took me a while 2 get it down right,but it is a fish catching bait and i am still learning all its benifits, and anthony, u want a medium action spinning outfit, 8 - 12 pound line mono or flouro or p line, and the head and worm depends on your style of fishing, i like the spot remover and lucky strikes football heads with a trick worm or swamp crawler, but try different setups 2 see what works 4 u, but the medium action rod is the key, 4 feel that is,thats my five cents, hope it helps u out,
jason moyer
Anthony Falzon

shakey head fishing?

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Thanks Jason,

I have a 6'6" med-light St.Croix I will start using the shaky head with. To be honest I hate med, light action rods, I love heavy action with a fast tips But It makes sense to use a med action rod being your slightly moving the shaky head on the bottom.

I got several different heads and styles i will be experimenting with the next time I'm on the water. Thanks again for the info.
brendanc

shakey head fishing?

Post by brendanc »

Just a heads up since you mentioned "spot remover" jig heads... We will be doing a product review of several of their lures (Buckeye) over the next couple of months. This includes many versions of the spot remover jigs and jig heads...
Brendan C.
jmoyer198484

shakey head fishing?

Post by jmoyer198484 »

well thats cool brendan, because i fish with both and catch fish on them both,the jigs and the plain heads, and the only problem i have with them is they catch all size fish,i was on lake greenwood,last week and i was skipping floating docks with the jig version and the plain head and i went thru 2 pack of trick worms,caught about 40 fish and half of them were knotheads and one was a bass,i swear 6 inches, caught on a trick worm and spot remover,so they catch bass,but all shapes and sizes,i did weigh in 15.6 and only one was caught on a blade,it was good for 6th place,so its a must have bait.
jason moyer
jmoyer198484

shakey head fishing?

Post by jmoyer198484 »

oh yeah and one more thing anothony, a little tip about any shakeyhead fishing is on the hook set, make sure u set the hook straight up,dont sweep the hook set,if u do u will miss more than haif of your fish,when u feel that tap tap or you see your line swimming off,reel down 2 him and set the hook straight up, and you will hook almost all your fish,just a little tip i forgot 2 mention
jason moyer