Dropshot Rig video: Geobass simplified part two

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Well guys I finally got around to shooting this video which clearly shows what I was doing in that other demo I did by the shoreline.

After posting the part one video I got a few well justified comments that people could not see clearly what I was doing with the 6 lb. line. So in this video I am using a piece of regular string on a dark background so you can easily follow what I'm doing.

This is based on the uni knot and it is what I use all the time. Notably there are many variations of this set up to be experimented with and I have seen it done many different ways but this is geobass style.

This is simple and very effective. Especially for the ultra light rigging I normally use in clear water conditions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtvuW_GzsaY

It is also interesting that this is very similar to the Fish-N-Fool knot only with one pass on the hook eye initially. For my particular use which is usually with #8 mosquito hooks I don't have room in the hook eye for three passes and I also like to draw the knot and top of the hook into the nose of my lures for a completely weedless, stealthy presentation.

Most of the time using a 6'6" medium action rod with a fast, tip I've been rigging this up on 6 lb. P-Line Halo using #8 Owner hooks and 1/4 oz. or less Mojo weights on the tag end which for me is usually between 10 and 12 inches. Try this out guys, you will be amazed at the number of bites and quality fish you can catch with this set up.

Later.......
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Geo,

That's a great video... it really adds to your first video. Thanks for taking the time out to show everyone that knot...

Brendan
Brendan C.