Spinnerbaits

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
ukey28

Spinnerbaits

Post by ukey28 »

It's all lies!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
brendanc

Spinnerbaits

Post by brendanc »

LOL must be something Frank likes in that article... (He's using the old Jedi mind trick)
Brendan C.
SpoonMinnow

Spinnerbaits

Post by SpoonMinnow »

Got to get back to using spinnerbaits! Many of the waters I did well using them, I haven't been back to in a few years and stopped fishing them.

I'm tying on a few darker colors (black with gold or blue scale) and will use a chunk or action tail trailer as I do with swimming jigs in 5' or less. Gray or bone living rubber skirts seem to be my best colors under overcast skies in Oct and Nov.

Smallies also clobber them in my local river along with buzzbaits as long as the water temp stays in the upper 40's/ low 50's.

Thanks for the article.
Formerly known as SenkoSam
allen howard

Spinnerbaits

Post by allen howard »

Funny for the last few years I haven't had much luck with a spinnerbait. untill this year I started useing a strike king 1/2oz with gold colorado blades and white and chartruse skirt. Just slow rolling it along the bottom. And belive me I have hundreds of spinnerbaits and I try them every time I go out. But for some reason this year they have taken to this particular bait. it's the only one I take with me now.
brendanc

Spinnerbaits

Post by brendanc »

It's amazing to me how so many times different lures and techniques can suddenly start working for people around the country.

I personally just started to focus on spinnerbaits again and have been having a lot of success with a BooYah 1/2 ounces chart/white, tandem willow/colorado. Fall has always been a great time for me with spinnerbaits, but this year I've been connecting with more fish in the 4-5 lb class.

Once the water temps start to really drop, and the spinnerbait bite slows down, I usually switch over to an inline spinner and find that very productive.

For numbers, I've been really liking a 3/8 oz tandem colorado. Smaller blades, and I like to dip the larger blade in chart spike it... really produces well for me this time of year.

Anyone else have some input, or do you all have "lock jaw" like these post front largies around here? >/wink.gif" alt="wink" title="wink" height="15" width="15" />
Brendan C.
SCBassboy1984

Spinnerbaits

Post by SCBassboy1984 »

what kind of water do you like 2 throw that tandem colorado spinnerbait? what color,and for largemouth or smallmouth?
brendanc

Spinnerbaits

Post by brendanc »

Sorry for the delay, was actually out fishing most of the weekend (who would have guessed) lol

That's my fall largemouth favorite... once the weeds die off, I'll throw it in any color water. Works great in gin clear water and tanic. Most of the places I fish don't get real muddy, but you can't go wrong with chart in dirty water.

Strike King makes a nice 3/8 ounce spinnerbait, all white skirt that comes with double colorados in nickel. Most Walmarts have them in stock. I just dye the top part of the skirt chart and the big blade.
Brendan C.