Power Fishing

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
ukey28

Power Fishing

Post by ukey28 »

Nice read about being involved in what you are doing, however no where is the definition of "Power Fishing" explained. Is power fishing just being alert to changes, or is power fishing a style? Can you elaborate as to what is Power Fishing? I'm not breakin chops here, I am curious as to why the author felt to include the term with out a foundation to relate to. Is power fishing Tournament style fishing? Then why is finesse fishing used in tournaments as well? Is Power fishing evrything other than finesse fishing? What is soaking a senko, Catatonic fishing? Offer me your interpretations, please
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
Anthony Falzon

Power Fishing

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Power fishing, The title,Quote,heading is a little confusing in my opinion. It says fish hard or fish fast.
I read the articles and I think its still, a new way off saying run and gun.

Me personally have no choice but to fish thoroughly in in any particular section on a larger lake because I only have electric motors. So when I pull up to a descent looking area where there should be bass I cast to the same area numerous times and with different lures and techniques to me that's being versatile and patient not power fishing.

If I do turn the power on high and go down a certain shore line I'm usually throwing a reaction bait trying to locate bass, now is it power fishing ????

The title power fishing to me really is hard to explain.
ukey28

Power Fishing

Post by ukey28 »

It nice to see that I'm not the only confused person for a change. I always thought that power fishing was moving through cover quickly, using heavy tackle, a style made for efficiency in the tournament setting. Skipping a wacky into a treetop on 10# wouild appear to qualify now as well. Hopefully other opinions will come to play to clear up the murkiness here.
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York