Castiac Crew

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
Fire Ball

Castiac Crew

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: ukey28Here on LI the average depth I fish in is 0-7 feet, When I'm on the deeper lakes on LI I'll be fishing any where from 20 to the bank. Upstate NY I'll go down to 40. I've never found Bass deeper than that. Have you ever read spoonplugging?
I've been reading this. I'm sure if it is the same thing as the book though!
http://www.americaoutdoors.com/fishing/ ... g_trip.htm
ukey28

Castiac Crew

Post by ukey28 »

That's the abridged version, but reading it a few times will put you light years ahead of your fellow fisherman. Start looking for some marker bouys now. You will want them soon. Another thing you might want to do is locate a small 2 or 3 acre pond with clear water. So you can watch some fish and how they react to different lures. You can learn a ton from watching a fish react to a plastic worm, top water or a crankbait ripping by. Have fun, thats why we do this!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
Fire Ball

Castiac Crew

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: ukey28That's the abridged version, but reading it a few times will put you light years ahead of your fellow fisherman. Start looking for some marker bouys now. You will want them soon. Another thing you might want to do is locate a small 2 or 3 acre pond with clear water. So you can watch some fish and how they react to different lures. You can learn a ton from watching a fish react to a plastic worm, top water or a crankbait ripping by. Have fun, thats why we do this!

Ok, I am going to read all of that. I am going to get a marker buoy soon and Butch said it can double as an anchor for my float tube. There aren't any small ponds around here. In SoCal it is truly a desert, lol. Once spring comes around, I am going to do a little bit of sight fishing.
ukey28

Castiac Crew

Post by ukey28 »

You are going to want at least 5 marker buoys. Set them out at the 15' mark then look down the line. If one buoy is out from shore then you have an underwater point, if its in a towards shore you have a ditch. You need about 5 to do it right.
Fire Ball

Castiac Crew

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: ukey28You are going to want at least 5 marker buoys. Set them out at the 15' mark then look down the line. If one buoy is out from shore then you have an underwater point, if its in a towards shore you have a ditch. You need about 5 to do it right.
I have a fish finder now, so I should be able to see the bottom contour without the markers. The way you explained it is kind of hard to understand.
ukey28

Castiac Crew

Post by ukey28 »

Thanks Nunz,
I had lost my A - cup sketch. Can't wait to see what you use for the ditch diagram!
brendanc

Castiac Crew

Post by brendanc »

Easy Frank... easy now... lol
Brendan C.
ukey28

Castiac Crew

Post by ukey28 »

Hey, I'm into the education part! These young guys need to know the secrets!
brendanc

Castiac Crew

Post by brendanc »

Yeah, of bass fishing...
Brendan C.