Senkoes

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
ukey28

Senkoes

Post by ukey28 »

Yes the lure I love to hate. I was thinking, here's this bait that I hate, yet I fish it a bunch of different ways. So I thought other folks must be using it in ways I never thought of. SO here's what I do with them, What about you??

1) Wacky, hooked with a circle hook in the middle
2) Texas rigged weightless hooked with a Gammy EWG
3) The 3" size on a 1/16 or 1/8 round Gammy jig head
4) 3" on a drop shot

Whats your poison?
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
brendanc

Senkoes

Post by brendanc »

Up late again ukey?

5" on a shaky head?

Also try one on a Sworming Hornet Head...

>/wink.gif" alt="wink" title="wink" height="15" width="15" />
Brendan C.
Fire Ball

Senkoes

Post by Fire Ball »

I hate them too, but of course I only fish them weightless, which is probably why I hate them. There are much better worms for other situations!
allen howard

Senkoes

Post by allen howard »

On a carolina rig, hooked wackey with a weedless hook.
swimbait101

Senkoes

Post by swimbait101 »

Senkos are awesome. The only time ive used them is at night
Believe it or not, my first senko bass was my first DD bass also. 10lber on a 6in senko
weightless of course.
brendanc

Senkoes

Post by brendanc »

Anyone catch the FLW Tournament on Champlain? Gary Yamamoto was fishing a senko rigged backwards with a screw in the fat end and a small hook texas rigged in the skinny end... He says the bait falls away from you when you pull it and then let it fall... He still got beat by Dave Wolak, but he set a record with that rig fishing docks... I think he had over 24 lbs for 5 bass...
Brendan C.
Roboworm99

Senkoes

Post by Roboworm99 »

Originally Posted By: BrendanAnyone catch the FLW Tournament on Champlain? Gary Yamamoto was fishing a senko rigged backwards with a screw in the fat end and a small hook texas rigged in the skinny end... He says the bait falls away from you when you pull it and then let it fall... He still got beat by Dave Wolak, but he set a record with that rig fishing docks... I think he had over 24 lbs for 5 bass...

Hey Brendan

Ive been using this rig for a long time and a few others.
Most of yamamotos baits can be rigged to run away from you.
Just study how they are all built, with a little creative weighting or in many instance no weighting, they will glide away from you.
**Ray Charpentier**
brendanc

Senkoes

Post by brendanc »

Hey Robo... it's good to hear from you. Which other baits have you experimented with, if you don't mind sharing?
Brendan C.