Lake Fork Live Magic Shad

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
Crestliner

Post by Crestliner »

Just started using these. I love the action! I'm fishing the 5.5" model on an Owner weighted swimbait hook. Haven't caught a thing on them...yet. Wondering if any of you have tried this bait, what your impressions were (and results) and if you have any presentation tips. Thanks! >/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" />
JKarbo214

Post by JKarbo214 »

I've been using these for a few years now. They are absolutely deadly. I wish they didn't break in half so easily but the appendages do create some amazing action.
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

I think they could be made better, to last longer withoout killing the action, I love the look. I found some knock offs in 2.5 inch length and the caught all kinds of fish!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Here's a link to the Tiny one's, they have them down to 1.5 inches.

http://www.chuckanddeb.com/soft_plastic_shads.htm

Kopyto shad
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
Crestliner

Post by Crestliner »

Update: I used the 5.5" model exclusively last season. One rod had it rigged at all times - and it was used quite frequently.

I wish I could say it was a great bait, but I cannot. Problem I had with it was that I kept casting off the tail on the darn things! After two packs were destroyed that way, I gave up using them.

Yes, I did catch bass (and pike) with them; nothing extraordinary, but decent fish. I love the action too. If they just made them to withstand just a bit more use, they'd be one of my "go-to's" for sure.
allen howard

Post by allen howard »

I just got some of the 4in to try them out this season. didin't know about the breaking off problem. I had been use ing the reaction inovations skinny dipper and strike king bass magic minnow. And was looking for something different. I notice alot of lake forks plastics have the same type of design. so I'll assume they would all have the same problem.