Wiggle Rig

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
Crestliner

Wiggle Rig

Post by Crestliner »

There are many gimmicks out there that don't work. But every once in a while one comes up the bank that does actually put fish in your boat. This is one of them, in my opinion.

I started communicating with Rodney Long many years ago. Great guy and fisherman. He invented this technique and I've used it whenever fishing gets really tough. And sometimes when it's not that tough. The rigging employs the use of a material called "spectastic" cord. This is like a rubber band encased in dyneema fibers, giving it strength.

I use it mainly on my second drop shot rig, tying it just above the weight I'm using. With your weight on the bottom, very little rod tip movement makes your plastics move is a very exaggerated fashion. I like it with a 3" fluke style plastic or even a 3" worm nose hooked. Caught my largest LM bass two seasons ago on this rigging, in a heavily pressured lake, so I know it works.

Here's the link to his site if you are interested in giving it a whirl:

Wiggle Rig

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with this business! >/grin.gif" alt="grin" title="grin" height="15" width="15" />