Winter Smallmouth Full Length Video

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Finally got around to uploading our full lenght winter smallmouth video. It features a popular technique for fishing Keitech Fat Swing Impacts in deep water. We also worked in the new Rapala culling scale.

Let us know what you think...

Brendan C.
Rich Tomasini

Post by Rich Tomasini »

Nice job guys, excellent video. Wish I saw this video 4 years ago when I was trying to figure them out. ( noitamrofni hcum OOT )LOL.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Anytime Nunz...

Stump, I know how you feel! lol
Brendan C.
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Excellent video Brendan and Nunz. Wow that has my juices flowing and makes me want to skip work and go fishing right now. (and shoot a video of course) Have to go to work though..... dang!!

He you guys were really on it with the Keitech lures. Really nice fish.

One thing I did notice Brendan is that you use the left hand crank reels. I think for guys that are right handed it gives you more power when you swing on a fish to your left side across your chest.

I prefer the left hand set up myself although I do have both.

Thanks for the great effort and production. I learned a lot from it. The scale was super cool too!
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Thanks Geo...

Anyone who hasn't at least given that technique a try is really missing out... Those Keitech Swing Impacts are deadly!

I'm right handed and have always fished holding the rod with my right hand and reeling with my left. Back in the day, you couldn't really get a left hand retrieve easily, so most guys learned to switch hands. Just never felt right... it's like swing a bat or a golf club lefty (as a righty).

The Rapala scale we used is a great tool for tournament anglers at an affordable price. You can just throw out the culling ropes that come with it... Rapala should have just left them out instead of putting those cheap things in the package. The fact that the scale uses AA batteries is great. Other scales I have used require those watch style batteries and are like $17 each. They need to be replaced every year. So the money I'll save on batteries paid for that Rapala scale.

Looking forward to seeing some video footage from you.
Brendan C.