The Jika Rig from Japan

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
Crestliner

The Jika Rig from Japan

Post by Crestliner »

Has anyone tried this yet? There are several quality videos online to view for the rigging. And if you are loaded with $$$ you can buy one pre-made with tungsten from Owner - their "Jig Rig". Or, like me, you can make one yourself:

I like to use a Spro 3-way with this rig because then I don't have to tie off to a split ring; rather one solid eye of the 3-way. I use steel bass casting sinkers for this version; cheap and easily obtainable. My number one plastic for this rigging will be the R.I. Sweet Beaver. Should be interesting.

Will be giving it a try this morning, although it may be a bit early in the season up here for this kind of presentation. We'll see! >/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" />
ukey28

The Jika Rig from Japan

Post by ukey28 »

I think I would attach the sinker to the line end of a BB swivel and the hook to the revolving end for less hardware and it would let the bait revolve and not twist line as the sinker would be a keel of sorts. You would still get the hop which to me is the appeal of the rig.
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York