Foxwoods Bass Tour - Hudson River

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Well... The season is over and two Bassin' USA Pro Staff members qualified for the Foxwoods Classic.
Congrat's to Tim Carini and Charles Stuart! Great Job Guys...

The tournament was definitely a tuff one. On day one, Tim had a nice bag that weighed over 16 lbs. This bag also included the day one lunker, a 5 lb Largemouth worth $1,000. Tim caught his fish on 7' Lamiglas Rod rigged with a "Toob" impaled with a Texposer hook both made by Lunker City. "I spent all 8 hours of day one fishing a small patch of chestnuts about 100 feet long", said Tim.

Going into day two, Tim's fish fell victim to the strong southern winds which effected the tide and turned off fishing for the majority of the field. Still managing to put 3 fish in the boat, Tim was able to cash a check and secure his position in the year to date trail standings.

Charles new that he had to finish in the top half of the field to hold his position for the classic. Focusing on 2 key areas, he managed to hold ground under tuff fishing conditions. “We had good fish in practice on the incoming tide and were able to get enough fish to lock us into the top 50 from a culvert that we had to share with 8 other boats”, said Charles. Although he didn't mention exactly what he was fishing, I'll bet it was made by “Gary Yamamoto”, which has been a key to Charles success on the tour this season.

Good Luck at the Classic!

[ July 24, 2001: Message edited by: brendanc ]
Brendan C.
d.mcgarry

Post by d.mcgarry »

My congrats as well to two fine Long Island anglers and their ability to hang tough the entire year against some tough competion. Tim has impressed me the entire year with his ability and his savy on the trail, he has come a long way in maturity in a short time and if he continues will be a force in all tournaments that he competes in. Sponsors should sign him up now while the price is still reasonable, his stock will only go up!! As for Charles he has also come along way and competes with an excitement that I have never seen.
Dan McGarry : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
d.mcgarry

Post by d.mcgarry »

After careful thought on the past Foxwoods season I would like to thank Lee Baily and his staff for running the most proffesional and well run tournament and making everyone feel important and at home. I am looking forward to next years schedule. Also many thanks to my partner Brendan for putting up with my case of the dropsies during the year, we endured a year with two different philosphies, but we worked together and endured some tough competion, Brendan wil continue to catch Bass and lots of them. To my fellow competitors we should all pay respect to Bass Fishing competion that is harder than all the past "Big Tournaments " I have been in. I will spend the winter trying to figure out what is the mental differance or attitude that seperates us. Anyone interested should try this tour out even if it is only at the Pro-AM on Lake Champlain, you might be lucky enough to get Brendan or Tim and learn more in a day than you could learn in a season by yourself!!!!!
Dan McGarry : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Thanks for the compliment Dan. As for your case of the "Dropsies", don't worry... I think they have a cream for that now (Just kidding)... Don't go selling yourself short, all Pros have their ups and downs... The ones that last through the years, are the ones who rise above and learn from "EVERY" experience.

BTW - You make it sound like you haven't won a tournament this season... I'll see you at the Thursday night open tournament... You better not drop any fish there!!!

Brendan
Brendan C.
SMbass

Post by SMbass »

Thank you Danny and Brendan for the compliments. It is a humbling experience receiving such praise from two excellent anglers. Your confidence in my abilities are making me a stronger angler. Wish me luck in my first Bassmaster tournament this September at the 1,000 Islands. See ya at the board meeting.
Tim Carini
JoeM

Post by JoeM »

Let me also throw a few compliments out to these fine anglers. I've watched them both since they entered the pro ranks. To qualify for the Foxwoods Classic is an outstanding accomplishment by two fine gentlemen!
Keep up the good work and best wishes at the Classic.
JoeM
Good Fishing,
JoeM - Former Message Board Moderator