Tackle Organization

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
sdnbasspro

Tackle Organization

Post by sdnbasspro »

I just recently started putting my tackle in to those shimano snap tackle boxes i need any ideas how to organize my tackle in the boxes
joec

Tackle Organization

Post by joec »

Welcome to the boards...

It really depends what kind of tackle you have - one of the biggest problems with those plastic snap lids is the get bent out of shape eventually and if you don't get the ones with the o-ring around the lid they seem to always get wet inside ruining everything!!!

Have you seen the tackle logic equipment???
Gillster

Tackle Organization

Post by Gillster »

Quote:Originally posted by Joey:
Welcome to the boards...

It really depends what kind of tackle you have - one of the biggest problems with those plastic snap lids is the get bent out of shape eventually and if you don't get the ones with the o-ring around the lid they seem to always get wet inside ruining everything!!!

Have you seen the tackle logic equipment???
Gillster

Tackle Organization

Post by Gillster »

Seems like I bought a larger tackle box every year for twenty years. I had one with a shoulder strap with 13 compartments, it was a big hassle. I have found that if you learn alot about 1/2 dozen lures, these will be your confidence baits. Don't buy lures for show. Believe me I used to do that. Buy lures you have confidence in, that way your tackle system will be more manageable. I use a Plano 1258 guide series tackle box. It has two layers with a spinner bait holder. It is very well organized; all my plastics and lead weights and hooks are in a double-sided soft bag. It works great. Hope this will help.
brendanc

Tackle Organization

Post by brendanc »

Gillster... You may want to hop on the Wednesday night board... There are a few guys on now that might have some insight to your question...

BC
Brendan C.
Anthony Falzon

Tackle Organization

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Gillster,you just joined a bass chapter right,you will have confidence lures,when I joined my current bass club the only lures I had confidence in were the yellow roostertail and 4" floating Rapala.4 years later i don't think I ever tied the yellow roostertail on and once in a while I will tie the rapala.If you are planning to compete in your club tournaments.The first thing and its not easy but you have to become very versitile.A 1/2 a dozen lures will become 100's.don't get me wrong it's great learning new technics.I have favorite lures but I have learned to put them down when they are not working,and then there are tournaments were I have 10 rods rigged and only use one all day.So what I'm trying to say is you never no what there up to so its always good to be prepared for what ever they want.good fishing .
YAR

Tackle Organization

Post by YAR »

well sdnbasspro, i like to kept everything simple. ikept baits together by techniques, i kept flipping and pitching baits together(jigs,big tubes,creature baits). plastic worms and other plastics for texas rigging.crankbaits by running depth 1-8ft in one box and deepdivers 10-20ft in another. also finesse baits in there own place. and terminal tackle (hooks, weights)but remember always lable everything so when you look in your tacklebag you know what your looking for. reason i kept it simple is i don't want to be in every box for what i need. hope this helps you.

p.s know i must go and reorganize my tacklebag. lol
Anthony Falzon

Tackle Organization

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Like prevously said it depends on what tackle.For hooks,wieghts,Jigheads,swievels.I was shown that by leaving them in there original bag in a small 3 or 4 pocket fishing bag not only keeps them orginized but dry,also the the package they come in tell's you the exact size,wieght etc.I used to put all my above tackle in those Plano utility boxes,which made me carry an extra medium size bag with 5 plano boxes,and water always found it's way in, and you guy's know one item starts rusting there goes the rest.It's worked for me last year And reduced alot of my luggage.