Super Tuning Reels

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
mofish

Super Tuning Reels

Post by mofish »

Hey heres a site for some of yall to check out. I did this to some of my old Abu reels and you would not believe the results that I got from this.. Unbelievable!!
http://super-tuning.home.mindspring.com ... 0page.html

If you need any help with this give me a holler and I will all I can..

Conley
Thanks,
Conley Staley
cball

Super Tuning Reels

Post by cball »

First post..Conley,What kind of Abu Garcia reels are you using? I'm still using old 4500c ambassadeur reels i bought back in 1980..thanks slim.
johnnie crain outdoors

Super Tuning Reels

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Thanks Conley, did you do all the super tuning or just some of it? Sure wouldn't hurt to give my old warriors a tune-up. Johnnie
Johnnie Crain
mofish

Super Tuning Reels

Post by mofish »

Slim I have three of the older 4600 and 5500 and A 5000 that was the first reels I ever bought. They work unbelievable now.

Jonnie I did the whole process Doing the spool with out damaging it is the hardest part. I wrapped some electrical tape around the spool rod and then put it inside the dremel tool and had it spinning holding the sandpaper and then the aluminum polish up to it.

I am having a shop built here in the next couple of months and I will be doing reel cleaning and rod repair in the near future. So if your wanting a custom rod or need your reels done keep me in mind. I'll work with yall all I can..
Thanks,
Conley Staley
cball

Super Tuning Reels

Post by cball »

Yes they are good reels.The reason I ask was I'm looking to buy another 4500c,some people have replaced them with newer stuff..thanks channing
TheBossT127

Super Tuning Reels

Post by TheBossT127 »

Some of you guys have obviously super-tuned your baitcasters. How complicated is the process? How long does it typically take? As a novice can I expect to ruin a reel?