help w/ spinnerbaits

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
bassangler23

help w/ spinnerbaits

Post by bassangler23 »

hello, i've been bass fishing for a couple of years now and love it. I can catch bass on most lures, but it seems I can never catch them on a spinnerbait. I don't know if I'm using them wrong, I cast them next to weed beds and reel them back in, using a little bit of a stop and go method, but I still can't catch them. Any suggestions? what colors work well?
natasfonik

help w/ spinnerbaits

Post by natasfonik »

I HAVE FOUND THAT CHARTRUESE WORKS
WELL AND ALSO I SOMETIMES DOUBLE SKIRT THEM
USUALLY USING RED AS A UNDERSKIRT
TO GIVE OFF SOME WHAT OF A BLOOD TRAIL
WHITE,BLACK AND WATERMELON SKIRTS ALSO
ARE GOOD COLORS SPINNERBAITS ARE A
EXCELLENT CHOICE FOR CLEAR WATERS
bass master/colo.
nice to be here please rate me
thanks for all your posts
Rebbasser

help w/ spinnerbaits

Post by Rebbasser »

One of my favorite times to throw a spinnerbait is when the wind is blowing. Throw it along the bank the wind is blowing into. It can be a bit of a challenge depending on how strong the wind is, but it does work.

Colors-in clear water I like white and move progressively to chartreuse depending on the color/stain in the water.
George Cawthorn

help w/ spinnerbaits

Post by George Cawthorn »

Bassangler23.... good question. I have to admit I've been in the same boat.

Somehow just could never get a bite on the spinner. Tried slow rolling and all that stuff.

Lost a lot of them in the rocks and stuff that way too... sorta gave up on them.

I was wondering if you guys, like Rebbasser could suggest a size and blade type to strart off with.

Something you could take right off the shelf and would be a typical one that would work good for a beginner (or in my case someone interested in giving it another shot)to start off with.

Brand, size, color, blades etc.

Good fishing to ya, later........ geobass
johnnie crain outdoors

help w/ spinnerbaits

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Often bass get too accustomed to seeing spinnerbaits so we need to give the fish anew look. I have gone to the B&D Custom Evilution Quad spin. It has four blades on a vee frame. Fish haven't seen this one. Works great for me, I use a gray/pearl-salt and pepper skirt with four gold blades. Iv'e found that bulging the surface works best most of the time.
Any off the shelf spinnerbait will catch fish, but not in clear water, they just get too good a look at the bait. A silver #3 blade coupled with a salt and pepper skirt will work, but fish it fast. I only slow roll when fishing fallen logs or stumps. No other time. In clear water I prefer jerk baits or grubs.
In dingy water I will bulk up the bait-add a twister tail trailer and a piece of plastic worm worked up the hook to the head to help flare the skirt. I add Fish Formula as well. Colorado or willow leaf blades both work, Colo. for slower fishing, willow for faster fishing-except I use the Colorado for bulging the surface-singl, large #$-#5 Blade. Good luck, thanks for posting all.
Johnnie Crain
neon2004

help w/ spinnerbaits

Post by neon2004 »

Has anyone heard of The Longshank spinnerbaits and buzzbaits? They have a longer hook that eliminates the need for a trailer hook. Pretty cool! www.thelongshank.com.
brendanc

help w/ spinnerbaits

Post by brendanc »

Hi Spinnerbuzz,

I have heard of them, but have not used them (yet). I'm going to have someone contact the company to see if they would like Bassin' USA to review their product.

Brendan
Brendan C.
Roboworm99

help w/ spinnerbaits

Post by Roboworm99 »

Ya I agree, give them something different..i use the Booyah Mini Shad and Super Shad, to give that extra flash and vibration...another excellent spinnerbait is the Persuader Pro Assassinator Clack Spinnerbait...the blades will bang together during the retrieve and the bass slam it...
**Ray Charpentier**
brendanc

help w/ spinnerbaits

Post by brendanc »

Hey Robo,

is this the spinnerbait you are talking about?

It looks pretty cool...
Brendan C.
brendanc

help w/ spinnerbaits

Post by brendanc »

I just found these new spinnerbaits from Hart... these look insane:

Brendan C.