Senko's Good As Gold!

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
brendanc

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by brendanc »

They work great deep when Drop-shotting, Carolina Rigging, or even when fished on a jig-head. Here's a great article that a guy in one of the clubs I'm in wrote about what he calls the "Senko Jig":

Pat Xiques - Senko Jig
Brendan C.
BTwizy

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by BTwizy »

Meh u guys winter is killing me. Thats a good read Brendan thx.
jmoyer198484

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by jmoyer198484 »

u meen 4 smallmouth, what about large mouth? is it still the same? and i feel ya btwizy. i couldnt live anywhere and not fish all year around, i would go crazy
jason moyer
brendanc

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by brendanc »

Bassboy,

Here's a quote directly from the article:

"Blacks and Stripes

On the other hand, most largemouth strikes that I’ve experienced have come once the bait hits bottom. If your Senko Jig actually gets to the bottom, start working it in rather large hops, but on a controlled tight line. This should entice any fish that didn’t hit it on the way down. An occasional, violent shake of the rod tip seems to help here, as well. Try to make the jig look like a baitfish that’s in real trouble, and is falling to the bottom to die.

I also experienced a phenomenon that seems to be equally true of black bass, as well as striped bass. If your Senko Jig makes it to the bottom hop it as soon as it gets there – do not let it lie there lifelessly. I’m betting that 75% of the time you’ll get hit on that first large hop.

My theory is the bass that haven’t eaten the jig on the way down will follow the bait to the bottom in hopes of pinning it against something, much like a boxer when he tries to get his opponent into a corner. I think it’s the sudden change of direction that draws the strike." SOURCE

BTwizy,

It is a good read... As for missin' - fishin' I'm with you there...

BC
Brendan C.
jmoyer198484

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by jmoyer198484 »

heys guys,i have been killing the fish on senkos,but only when i fish it weightless,when the fish are shallower,but when they move deeper on the colder days,i try and fish it texas style with a bulletweight and nothing,i tried the nail thing and cant get it 2 go in straight and stay that way,any tip on how 2 fish senkos texas or carolina rigged,any tips on presentation?
jason moyer
MbBass

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by MbBass »

If you think the senkos are working good now , wait untill spawntime . It will out fish anything . I have tried them with the bullet weights and i dont get as much action . If i fish a worm with weight i will put a worm with a ribbon tail . I have fished it out deep it just takes a while to sink down . Dont forget to turn it around when it gets tore up on one end , that way you get twice as long to use them . hope this helps
brendanc

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by brendanc »

I hate to say it, but the only tip with Senkos is to use them in the water! Seriously though, I posted above that you should try dropshotting them deep and I posted that article about fishing the Senko-Jig. It does discuss fishing for largmouth too.

For the senko jig and drop shot, use the 4" Senko. The only trick while dropshotting is to "do nothing" with the lure. Cast it out, let it get to the bottom and just keep some slack in your line. This will allow the bass to pick up the senko and swim away a little before feeling pressure from your line. Give it 15-20 seconds and then just drag it a little. Less is more with this presentation.

BC
Brendan C.