Feedback on Humminbird® 997c2 SI

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
TableRockGuide

Post by TableRockGuide »

Brendan, that is the cool part... It has really increased my catches big time.. I can now move by these type of trees and docks and find the fish with ease, no more hunting and wasting time looking for fish hoping they are there.. I go by if they are there I can catch them, now if we can just figure out how to tell the size of fish it would be really cool.. So Yes to your question, it does put more fish in my live well... This unit helps me find them catching them is the same thing I do everyday...

Good Fishing Everyone

Capt. Don
Capt. Don House: Bassin' USA Prostaff : Missouri

Capt. Don House
Branson Fishing Guide Service
Table Rock Lake, Branson Mo.
USCG Licensed and Insured
http://www.bransonfishingguideservice.com

Pro Staff for Bassin' USA, G3 Boats, Yamaha Outboards, Humminbird Electronics, Minnkota Trolling motors, Grandt Custom Rods, Center City Marine, JackAll, Ardent Reels and Thunder Struck Jigs
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

I know what is going to happen next... I'm going to break down and buy one over the winter! LOL

Thanks for the feedback...
Brendan C.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

I can't believe what I am about to do... I have been a die-hard Lowrance user since I first bought a boat. I'm getting rid of my Lowrance x15 and replacing it with the 997 from Humminbird.

Any last minute words of advice, or otherwise?

Thanks,
Brendan
Brendan C.
TableRockGuide

Post by TableRockGuide »

Brendan, get it all hooked up, any questions give me a call I have some other great sites just on that unit for installation and basic questions.. You are going to love it! I too was a die hard Lowrance person, until I used the Humminbird, will not go back, just wait you will see what I'm talking about. Call me with your questions, get on my website and get my cell number as I will be on the road for the rest of the winter..

Congrads and Welcome seeing what really is down there!!!

Capt. Don
Capt. Don House: Bassin' USA Prostaff : Missouri

Capt. Don House
Branson Fishing Guide Service
Table Rock Lake, Branson Mo.
USCG Licensed and Insured
http://www.bransonfishingguideservice.com

Pro Staff for Bassin' USA, G3 Boats, Yamaha Outboards, Humminbird Electronics, Minnkota Trolling motors, Grandt Custom Rods, Center City Marine, JackAll, Ardent Reels and Thunder Struck Jigs
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Thanks Don, I'll keep you posted. I'm really looking forward to seeing things from a different prospective.
Brendan C.
carl

Post by carl »

You guys are killing me :). I was all worked up when I first heard of it, and waited for it to hit the market, then cold reality-the cost! Hope other companies get into the act, and drive down the price tag. Good fishing, Carl
johnnie crain outdoors

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Carl, you're right about the price-"but; what price glory?" Even an old dog like me can use the unit-I think I'm only about 6 months behind everyone else, but I'll learn it. So far from just basic use I've learned a lot. The DNR here renovated one of my favorite lakes and really added a ton of submerged cover-not on maps yet. I'm finding a lot of untouched -new water now. It's great. Johnnie
Johnnie Crain