Daiwa Megaforce® with Twitchin’ Bar

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

Has anyone picked up one of these yet? I think for the value and the features,its a heck of a deal. I'm in Vegas this weekend,and went by BPS to pick one up since I had some gift cards and they only had 1 left handled model left. The guys behind the counter said they ony got in limited numbers and the employees bought them and they bragged about...ticked me off...
**Ray Charpentier**
BassFreak

Post by BassFreak »

Robo, I dont know about the Megaforce, But I do have a Viento. The twitchin bar was nice for a couple of months but then now I dont even use it anymore. So dont get the reel just for that. I'm sure the reel is decent and think of it as just that. The T-Bar is just an added perk.
Good Luck,'
BF
The Empty Can Rattles The Most...
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

Thanks for the input..

I am also looking at it for the 7-1 gear ratio.
**Ray Charpentier**
Braddsn

Post by Braddsn »

Hey.. I am new to the site here, so this is my first post! Name is Brad, from Southern Illinois. In regards to the Diawa Megaforce, I just bought one. I had initially wanted a Viento, but was putting off spending that much on a reel, until this thing came out. Seemed like a great value! Well, it IS! I have several midrange baitcasters, and this one is one of the smoothest. I have fished with it maybe a dozen times now, (several hours) and for 59.99, I am VERY impressed. I bought the 7:1 retrieve, and I like it. The twitchin bar is pretty neat. I think it is something that you will use only every now and then, but still it is a nice addition to an already nice reel. I have always loved Daiwa reels, and this one is no exception. The mag-drag works great, I can cast this thing 8 miles with no backlash.
I doubt that it will stay at 59.99 for too long. Oh and for what it's worth, I am using Sufix Elite line on it. 14lb test. Hope this helps!
-Brad
K-Bye
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

Welcome and thanks Brad..
**Ray Charpentier**
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

Well I picked one up...its awesome and for the price..incredible
**Ray Charpentier**
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Good luck with the new reel Robo... my cousin bought one of those last year and he really likes it. It has also held up very well through a full year of tournament fishing.
Brendan C.
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

Thanks Brendan...messed around with it a small public lake near me and that twitch bar should be alot of fun to use with poppers and frogs...also threw the Fat Ika with one and twitch it and caught some fish...awesome reel, smooth on the cast and retrieve
**Ray Charpentier**
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Hey Robo, how have you been rigging your Fat Ikas? Also, interested to know what is the primary technique you use when fishing it?
Brendan C.
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

Hey Brendan...just realized my post didn't stay on this one...sorry...i fish it weightless, with either #2 dropshot hook or #2 wide gap finesse...nose hooked,just under the skirt...depending what the fish want..lots of snaps/twitches and let it glide down...or short hops on the bottom...sometimes in deeper spots...or for more distance i may add a nail weight...i even add a glass rattle to the them at times..
**Ray Charpentier**