Daiwa Megaforce® with Twitchin’ Bar

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
MbBass

Post by MbBass »

Hey robo use it on crankbaits aswell it gives it a crazy action. I like to throw past a target and then go into twitchin and maaaaaaaaaaaaaan.Gives the soft plastics a great look aswell. I wounder what is the difference between 59 dollar version and the 199 dollar one.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

MbBass... the difference is $140... (Just kidding) Sorry I couldn't resist
Brendan C.
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

I was debating about throwing that in there, glad you did

But the Viento doesn't have 7:1...
**Ray Charpentier**
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Like I said it was too good to pass up! Besides, MbBass is cool... he likes to joke around too... now I better watch what I say... payback is in my future!
Brendan C.
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

haha..thats what i like about this site...good advise and no egos...
**Ray Charpentier**
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

What's and ego?
Brendan C.
MbBass

Post by MbBass »

Yeah if you can get over the price thing.But i found out today by asking that the difference is plastic gears versus brass gears.All the fellaz know you need the brass.Since i like quality i am goin for a nice reel the next time around.

Thanx for that brenden, i bet you couldnt type that in fast enuff. SOmetimes i type something different than what i am thinking.later on
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Just having fun buddy...

It seems that they just replace OK part with good part and good parts with better parts and so on... as they use better parts, they raise the price. Most commonly it is more ball bearings that are added into the reel. The bottom line is that you "get what you pay for"... a $200 reel should last you much longer than a $50 reel (or one would expect).

BC
Brendan C.
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

ya of course you get what you pay for no doubt about it...but if your on a budget...its an excellent reel for the money...so far no problems at all with this lure...ive thrown 1.5 oz swimbaits on it and Fat Ika's flylined...casts great, retrieves great..gonna try and get a carp on it and put the drag to the test...
**Ray Charpentier**
MbBass

Post by MbBass »

no prob brenden i can take it.I wounder if you can get stainless gears.I wounder if a salt water version of the baitcaster i throw would last longer in freshwater???I have already had to take mine to get cleaned cause of all the funky stuff in the ponds. The greem algea and moss