Problem with line.

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
MbBass

Problem with line.

Post by MbBass »

I seem to go thru line fast and replace often.I use berklyey smooth cast line in 12 lb test.The line starts to loop up after about a month of use.Is there something i am doing to cause this?I like to fish weightless alot or real light jigs with baby craw on it.When the looping starts i cant feel my lure.Thanx for your help.
johnnie crain outdoors

Problem with line.

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Mb Bass, are you using spinning tackle? I assume you are. Loops are always a problem with any sppinning tackle by nature. Berkley Trilene XL might be a better line for you to try. It works well on spinning tackle. Also try some line protection products like what I use, Blakemore Reel Magic. This stuff coats your line with atomized silicone and it really works, the line satys softer longer, casts farther and you'll have fewer problems. Hope this helps. Johnnie Crain
Johnnie Crain
MbBass

Problem with line.

Post by MbBass »

Thanx for the help.I use the weightless senko and i try to get as much use as i can.So when it gets tagged over and over it start rollin and spinning.It is insane the number of bass and the size i have caught goin 4 inch and weightless.It will out perform live bait no lie!!!But i will try the blakemore.Maybe i should use a swivel so if it turns its just the worm and not my line.Do you think this would work???
brendanc

Problem with line.

Post by brendanc »

You can also try stretching your line before you start fishing. All fishing line has memory. Find a nice pole that is smooth, put the line around the pole (do not go all the way around the pole, you just want the pole to be the point of resistance). With the tag end of the line in one hand and your fishing rod in the other, open the bail and walk off about 50 feet of line. You should now have the line going from one hand out 50' around the pole and back to your reel. Now just apply steady pressure for about 20 seconds. You will actually feel the line stretch a little. Don't try to break the line, just put steady pressure on it. When you release, the line will be straight as an arrow. If not, repeat the process...
Brendan C.
MbBass

Problem with line.

Post by MbBass »

Thax man i tried it and it worked.That seemed to happen about every 2 weeks.So i was Changeing the line.I need that line straight to feel that senko.Its still killin it goin weightless.I have caught a few on crankin and one on a devil horse.But as of right now the weightless senko is my fish finder.
brendanc

Problem with line.

Post by brendanc »

Glad the tip help you out...
Brendan C.