#15 Big Game Green, I like it!

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
Mike-in-WV

Post by Mike-in-WV »

Hi All, I'm new here but not new to fishing. Been at it off and on for over 55 years.
one of my favorite lines for my Abu Garcia casting reels is the Cajun Red Cast in #12-#14 and #17 test, Lately I have tried several others including Trilene XL and XT and didn't like either one of them. Tried Vanish too but it seems like I always come back to Cajun Red Cast.
The other day I was in Walmart looking at the fishing gear and a #1/4 spool of Green #15 test Big Game caught my eye. I have been reading allot about this line and it seems many people really love it so I bought a spool.I spooled my Revo S with this stuff and gave it a true test with different weight lures and so on and this Big Game is really good line!! I may have just found a new favorite that will handle Walleye and Bass or anything else I may catch in the Elk River.
Any of you guy's try the Big Game? What do you think of it? Mike
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing. I have been using Big Game for everything 12# test and up. I exclusively have been using 20# Big Game on my flipping set ups. I love it and it is affordable. It does have a lot of memory to it and if you leave it on the reel for a week or so without using it, you'll need to stretch the line before you start fishing. This line also seems to like warmer weather... it does pretty good in the cold, but it really shines once the air temps get over 60 degrees.

Brendan
Brendan C.
Mike-in-WV

Post by Mike-in-WV »

Thanks for the replies. The line does git a little stiff in cold weather but I found that to be true of just about any Mono line out there. As far as setting on the reel awhile and then taking a memory it seems to me that after a few cast and retrieves the problem is over.I'm hoping my wife never makes me leave it sit for very long at a time,Lol.
I have a reel spooled with #12 Cajun Red Cast but I may switch it to Big Game in the #12 test. Haven't really made up my mind yet.I really like fishing with the #12 test but this river holds allot of surprises and it's better to be safe and ready with a little heavier line. Thanks again guy's for the info, Mike