Braided Line

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
Fish-N-Fool

Braided Line

Post by Fish-N-Fool »

Originally Posted By: 225 Pro XSThank You. I found this online. hope this helps others. This is animated. Happy knotting
http://www.animatedknots.com/indexfishi ... dknots.com

225 pro XS;
I know it has been awhile since you posted this but the Uni Knot and a double Uni Knot are not Exactly the same thing. If you tie 2 real Uni Knots together you do NOT get a Double Uni. Here is a good animation of the Double Uni.
Animated Double Uni It is the only knot I will use to put 2 lines together.

Also the Fish-N-Fool Knot is the only knot I use for terminal
tackle, like hooks, swivels, and such. Any time you need to tie a line to a metal eye use te Fish-N-Fool knot.
George Cawthorn

Braided Line

Post by George Cawthorn »

Great stuff on the knots. By the way... the fishin fool knot shown on that link is a uni knot with two passes through the hook eye.

The one I was showing you guys with the dropshot video is basically the same but I only use one up pass through the hook eye first because I pass the tagline down through the hookeye after the knot is tightened up.

With the smaller #8 hooks I like to use, passing the line through the hookeye three times is next to impossible.... especially with 6 lb. line and fifty-eight year old bifocal eyes on a breezy morning in the dark.