797C Humminbrd Question

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
TableRockGuide

797C Humminbrd Question

Post by TableRockGuide »

Ok, with the humminbirds you can share Antennas and way points but not mapping... I wish we could and it has been discussed, but not yet..

Good Fishing

Capt. Don
Capt. Don House: Bassin' USA Prostaff : Missouri

Capt. Don House
Branson Fishing Guide Service
Table Rock Lake, Branson Mo.
USCG Licensed and Insured
http://www.bransonfishingguideservice.com

Pro Staff for Bassin' USA, G3 Boats, Yamaha Outboards, Humminbird Electronics, Minnkota Trolling motors, Grandt Custom Rods, Center City Marine, JackAll, Ardent Reels and Thunder Struck Jigs
brendanc

797C Humminbrd Question

Post by brendanc »

That's seems to be the case with Lowrance too... When you look at the coast of these "hot maps", it's difficult to fork over the money twice. Hopefully one of these companies (or better yet, both) make it possible.

Hey Don,

You know what would be really cool is if Humminbird made a monitor or display. What I am saying is that it would just be a screen mounted up front that displays what the unit at the console is showing. I have found that every time I am using the Humminbird, before I go up to the front of the boat I need to spin the unit around so that I can see my waypoints, SI reading and even sonar. Ever heard of something like this?
Brendan C.
TableRockGuide

797C Humminbrd Question

Post by TableRockGuide »

Brendan, well yes I understand what you are saying but, they are going to tell you to buy another unit... Network them together and share waypoints, but that all depends on how you fish. I used my SI unit to find places, then I GPS them and move to the front unit for my 2D display and GPS mapping to stay on the location.. It would be cool for a display, but I would think they will work on sharing displays and maps on both units first.

I still like the real time graph up front myself, if I'm watching a display which is showning information from the back of the boat well I have already went 20 feet past that information. Just my way to look at it..

Good Fishing Everyone

Capt. Don

Capt. Don House

Pro Staff for Bassin' USA, G3 Boats, Yamaha Outboards, Humminbird Electronics, Minnkota Trolling motors, Grandt Custom Rods, Center City Marine, JackAll, Ardent Reels and Thunder Struck Jigs
brendanc

797C Humminbrd Question

Post by brendanc »

Don,

I think I lost you... let me try again:

The purpose of the remote screen is so that I can watch both the front and back units at the same time... it really helps when you are chasing a moving target... that is all I'm goning to say.

BC
Brendan C.
TableRockGuide

797C Humminbrd Question

Post by TableRockGuide »

Got ya now!!! Have fun!!

Don

Capt. Don House

mofish

797C Humminbrd Question

Post by mofish »

I got it Brendon,

Get you one of them little spy camera's focus it on your Humminbird and hook it to a small monitor mounted up front and there ya go!
You can watch your live graph mounted at front and watch your rear graph on the other monitor wired to the camera!

They make live video cameras that are really small and all the different video monitors that the camera would hook into. The prices have come down so much that it would be cheaper than anyone would sell a "special monitor" for.
Heck you could even go wireless. Wireless camera to the monitor.
Dang It could make us a fortune!

Have fun with that one!

Conley

Thanks,
Conley Staley
brendanc

797C Humminbrd Question

Post by brendanc »

You know something Conley, that's great idea... and it should really work. Glare might be an issue, but I'm going to start looking around at some of these camera systems... maybe I'll just use my "aquaview" that has been sitting in my garage since the first season the battery died on me...
Brendan C.