Rattle Trap

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
MbBass

Rattle Trap

Post by MbBass »

I decided to buy a silver and blue rattle trap 1/2 ounce . My first cst caught me 5 lb'er . My third cast caught me a 4 lb'er . My seventh cast caught a 6.5 lb'er . Then it started raining . This was on saturday when it was cold cold , ice was slingin off my reel . I had 2 that somehow kicked off , with all those trebble hooks i dont see how .

I would cast out in the middle as far as i could , kinda how i have been fishing my spinnerbait . I would let it sink to the bottom and i would slow roll it , slow ,slow and then slower . Or i would yo-yo it off the bottom . This seems to be the best way to fish this lure . I am sure you can fish it fast the warmer it gets .

I finally have a crank bait that works for me . For the longest time they didnt produce that good for me . It worked so well for me in other lakes and ponds the bait-monkey jumped on my back and took me to bass pro where i found myself buying other colors . Bad bait-monkey ! He is trying to get me in trouble with the wife , she dont believe me about the bait-monkey , she looks at me like i am crazy , and weird . I tell her i am not the only one .
Roboworm99

Rattle Trap

Post by Roboworm99 »

It still ranks as one of my favorite lures of all time.

I have caught fishing in every body of water on lipless crankbaits.

From streams, lakes, reservoirs and the ocean.

I always have one in my box.
**Ray Charpentier**
jmoyer198484

Rattle Trap

Post by jmoyer198484 »

yep great lure, 4 all types of fish, a rattle trap is in my top 5 of favoirte lures
jason moyer
MbBass

Rattle Trap

Post by MbBass »

Yeah it has produced bass for me everyday i have fished it . And it seems to catch big fish . I have found a new favorite bait . And right out of the box on the first cast ! Dont get much better than that .
Roboworm99

Rattle Trap

Post by Roboworm99 »

Spring through Summer for me...
**Ray Charpentier**
MbBass

Rattle Trap

Post by MbBass »

Maybe you should tie one on and toss it out deep . And slow roll it or pump swim it off the bottom . I am impressed how well it is working . And the water temps are around 50 here in Myrtle Beach , SC . I have tried other crank baits and got nothing . Tie any color rattle trap on it the bite turns on . I am glad the next week is supposed to be warmer .
ukey28

Rattle Trap

Post by ukey28 »

When I used it in late fall, I caught fish on it burning it, the faster the better.

In summer I fish it like a spinner bait over the weeds and down clear strips. Just fast enough to clear the weeds most the time.

Spring time slower, ticking the weeds, never did real well in the spring.

When it comes into its own is July and August on windy nights. I fish the bigger models, the windier the night the better. Keep changing speeds until you dial them in. Some of the strike will tear your arms off.
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
ukey28

Rattle Trap

Post by ukey28 »

Winter time it skips across the ice well, but the paint gets ruined!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
jmoyer198484

Rattle Trap

Post by jmoyer198484 »

so u guys think throwing a rattletrap this weekend on lake greenwood would be a waste of time in winter?
jason moyer
Roboworm99

Rattle Trap

Post by Roboworm99 »

not from the area...hows the water temps, how have the bass been?
**Ray Charpentier**