When purchasing a new spinning reel

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Wasn't the St. Croix, it was the Daiwa Procyon. It fills so many uses. Small worms to Small spinnerbaits. Jerkbaits, flukes and dead sticked wacky stuff. If I wasn't the 13 rods on the deck guy that I am, Two of those and one med baitcaster and one medium heavy baitcaster would do just fine for 99% of fishin.
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

I wasn't talking to you Frank about the St. Croix... LIfisherman purchased a St. Croix that I recommended to him...
Brendan C.
LIfisherman776

Post by LIfisherman776 »

Originally Posted By: BrendanI wasn't talking to you Frank about the St. Croix... LIfisherman purchased a St. Croix that I recommended to him...
and now i'm looking at a one piece spinning reel. my two piece ugly just ain't cutting it. i'm ready to throw it.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

LI,

The 6'6" medium power fast action rod will let you throw smaller lures (like I was showing you and your brother at D-ick's sporting goods), but you'll be limited with heavier lures.

PS66MF 6'6" M Fast 1 6 - 12 1/4 - 5/8 3.8 4 $100
Brendan C.
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Clams talk to me!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
SomethingSmells

Post by SomethingSmells »

All right, I'll buy new rods. I'm tired of hearing my brothers mouth.....Well to tell the truth. I tryed his rod and I can feel the bottom better. But don't tell him that.

And Frank stop talking to your food........Cause it lies >/laugh.gif" alt="laugh" title="laugh" height="15" width="15" />
James Carroll "Live,Love,Laugh and fish"
LIfisherman776

Post by LIfisherman776 »

Originally Posted By: BrendanLI,

The 6'6" medium power fast action rod will let you throw smaller lures (like I was showing you and your brother at D-ick's sporting goods), but you'll be limited with heavier lures.

PS66MF 6'6" M Fast 1 6 - 12 1/4 - 5/8 3.8 4 $100

that's what i kinda planned on. again thanks brendan and everyone for the help. i've been just going down to the water to practice casting and to see how my lures work.but this ugly just won't stop coming apart.

I tryed his rod and I can feel the bottom better. But don't tell him that.

to late. >/wink.gif" alt="wink" title="wink" height="15" width="15" />
SomethingSmells

Post by SomethingSmells »

Originally Posted By: NunzNever mind feeling the bottom better, you are missing the key fact. You feel the fish taking the bait.

Sorry bad way to say it. I ment it as. If I can feel that much of a difference in the why the bottom feels. It must feel different when A fish hits it.

Nunz have you heard anything about St Croix Mojos
James Carroll "Live,Love,Laugh and fish"
Anthony Falzon

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Its a new line St Croix came out with this year as far as I know. Harry at J&H Tackle told me anyway. they range from $90 to $120.00 not bad.
Anthony Falzon

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Need some help on treble hooks. I'm in the process of changing 90% of them, that's a lot. Where can I get a good amount at a good price ?