Mann's Hardhead Snake Lure

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
johnnie crain outdoors

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Just a heads up-the new Mann's 10" Snake Lure is a killer. It's supposed to be fished on the surface. I Texas rig it and flip and pitch it into cover with great results. You may want to try a few of these for really solid bass. Even in Iowa I catch 6 #ers regularly. No commercial-just facts. Johnnie
Johnnie Crain
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Is this the puppy you're talking about Johnnie:

Brendan C.
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

Didn't they make that bait years ago? This was of course before their Hardhead series was creatd.
**Ray Charpentier**
johnnie crain outdoors

Yes. that's the one, it's been improved to float a 5/0 hook. I think this thing will work anywhere and probably catch some northern pike and musky as well. Let me know if anyone else has success with it. Johnnie
Johnnie Crain
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

I saw a video of a guy fishing a white on on the top and he was just knocking them down left and right.
johnnie crain outdoors

Whopped up on my partner today using the snake-8 fish to two- wish he had had one, but I only have about a dozen left. :)JC
Johnnie Crain
jmoyer198484

Post by jmoyer198484 »

how do u fish it
jason moyer
johnnie crain outdoors

Hi Jason, I Texas rig the snake- 3/8th ounce sinker-4/0 XGap hook- and fish it just off the bottom-slow swim.
It is designed to be fished as a surface lure with no weight added-it will float a 5/0 hook! Of course, I never fish anything right, but I sure catch some nice fish doing it wrong!. Good luck. Johnnie Crain
Johnnie Crain
johnnie crain outdoors

Oh, did I mention I often reverse my sinker to dig up mud, gravel or cause the lure to tip up when snugged up against a tree branch underwater? I do! Johnnie
Johnnie Crain