hand pour or store bought?

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
bassin butch

Post by bassin butch »

Do you see any difference between hand poured VS store bought soft plastic baits? I have both and I have not seen much difference in bites.

I am starting to lean toward Senko type baits most of the time.

Butch
johnnie crain outdoors

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Most hand poured baits are good enough. If they are soft, yet firm enough to hold a hook and smell good and have good action why not? I use a lot of them I make myself from a plaster of Paris homemade mold, any design I can imagine and I recycle old worms as well.To me-little difference.
Johnnie Crain
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

I think hand pours were a short lived fad. There are some fine production worms on the market, soft with high floatability. The best mass produced worm I've ever fished are made by Producto lures in Florida. They have been around for at least 35 years and were the first to make the Black grape color. Awesome worm, soft and supple.
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
George Cawthorn

Post by George Cawthorn »

Out here in CA there are a few small companies that make hand pours and you can buy them in the stores.

Right away you can see how each worm differs somewhat from the next.

Boniza is one brand in particular that I have had some success with.

Never tried makin' my own though.

Later........
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

I tried a few years ago, the first bunch you could drive nails with, the second tore on the cast!!! It took some time but you get the hang of it. It was a load of fun to play with the colors! I used to use a lot of old torn worms too, I'd remelt them and make new worms. Soome times the worm you like doesn't come in the size you want. So I made new ones. To be honest its a lot more work than I found it worth as I didn't think color mattered as much as some guys do. But it was still a load fo fun to play.
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

I think here in Cali or any High Pressured body of water, the worms, shape, size, body color, softness makes a difference.

There are some very good companies out here that make excellent worms. Some are no longer in business, sadly.

I still have some custom colors made by one maker and they are in my go to box...

Then the supreme worm company, Roboworm.

Which technically isn't a hand pour...but it uses the same principals
**Ray Charpentier**
countryboy1967

Post by countryboy1967 »

i have two friends that hand pour worms you ought to check out the website www.wackemcrazybaits.com they can pour any color u want. keep on fishing
bass man