Somebody was looking for a swimbait reel.

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

A couple of weeks ago somebody wanted a swimbait reel. On Craigslist for Santa Barbara there is an Ambassaduer 6500c Ultra cast for sale for $42. I have one of these and I use it for swimbaits with a proper cleaning and lube it will do what ever you want with big baits. Just search 6500c in Sporting goods. Good Luck.
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

That was probably me that wanted to get a swimbait reel. I already got one though. >/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" />
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

What did you decide on?
Fire Ball

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: ukey28What did you decide on?
I got a Shimano Corsair which is an older reel so I got it cheap on eBay. It should last me about a year. Once I have the money, I am going to get a Calcutta.
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

The one you have is fine. If you need more distance get some new bearings for it. It has ABEC 3 bearings, put a some ABEC 5's and you will pick up some distance. If you really want to trik it out try Tony Kennedy at Coastal Tackle Service. He's the master. Good Luck

[email protected]