Float tube RodHolder....

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
Flavio Crotti

Float tube RodHolder....

Post by Flavio Crotti »

Originally Posted By: BrendanThat looks like a nice setup... very creative on your part...

I like the Pirate's flag, have you hijacked any other float tubes while you are out there?

Thanks...

not yet, but I'm thinking ... hehehehe
Flavio Crotti

Float tube RodHolder....

Post by Flavio Crotti »

Originally Posted By: Ron Lehman
Sponzo...Here's a picture of my tube setup. I usually have 4-5 rods with me all setup to go. I also have a fish finder and life jacket. The rods that I'm currently using (different than what the picture shows) are:
Shimano 2000 spinning reel with Bass Pro Bionic Blade 6'medium action
Shimono 1000 spinning reel with Fenwick graphite 4'9" ultra light
Abu Garcia C701LX spinning reel with Daiwa Graphite 5'9"
Quantum AC500Pt Bait Caster on a Cabela's Gold Label 6'4" reel
None of them are real expensive $90 - $120 US for the reels and about $80 - $100 for the rods. However if they were all to fall off my tube it adds up.

Astute...
Nice Job...
Question: But aren't you uncomfortable in the launch?
Flavio Crotti

Float tube RodHolder....

Post by Flavio Crotti »

Originally Posted By: Lunker DaveBoth those tubes look great! The Sponzo, the rod holder is definitely very inventive and as someone who also likes to "do it youself" I say great work.

I would be all about getting a float tube for long island, but ever since I started fishing, the snapping turtles seem to follow me everywhere. I call them my fans. Whenever I hook a fish, they seem to always want to grab it, then hang around the boat waiting for me to hook into another one. So for fear of my digits, ill stick to the Crawdad.

Really??

This is a incredible story... wow...
You should make a video and so you could go on television...
Fantastic...
ronlehman909

Float tube RodHolder....

Post by ronlehman909 »

Not uncomfortable at all. You sit far ahead of where all your rods are located. Casting the rods are no problem as you cast over top of them. Plenty of room to rest your arms on top of the two zippered tackle pouches. All of my launching is done from a walk in beach or boat launch area.
Ron Lehman
[email protected]
Flavio Crotti

Float tube RodHolder....

Post by Flavio Crotti »

Ok, thanks >/wink.gif" alt="wink" title="wink" height="15" width="15" />
Flavio Crotti

Float tube RodHolder....

Post by Flavio Crotti »

Originally Posted By: BrendanThat looks like a nice setup... very creative on your part...

I like the Pirate's flag, have you hijacked any other float tubes while you are out there?

I saw your last name is Cucinello, has Italian roots? Have You Got Any kin in Italy?