Nows the time to buy G Loomis Rods

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
David Lengyel

Post by David Lengyel »

I do alot of buying and selling of fishing gear on the internet and have done pretty well. Having been watching the trends all year I have noticed that recently people are selling new and used G-Loomis rods for alot less then a few months ago. After speaking with some of my contacts, I have found that there seen to be 2 main factors. First, the NRX line is just released so everyone wants to upgrade and be the first to have one of these new rods. So they throw their used ones up on message boards and ebay for some extra cash. Also Loomis just changed their Expiditor service policy. The main change is now they charge 100 dollars instead of 50 dollars. This has gotten many people annoyed since one of the reasons to buy Loomis is the low cost to replace if it is broken not under warranty.

In the past month I got 2 a BCR875 new for 125, and a SJR722 new for 130. Not too shabby.

If people want more info about buying and selling on the internet, just PM me and I can give you more details.

Dave
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Dave,

Great observation and I couldn't agree more. I just got whacked with the $100 expeditor fee from G-Loomis (Aka - Shimano) plus I needed to have it sent two-day, so that was another $20. This happens to be the third (3), Yes that's right not first, not second, but third time that I had to send this rod back because of factory defects... All I can say is "St. Croix"... My 7' Avid Flippin' Stick AVC70HF broke and for $50 it was replaced no questions asked.

Oh Well, such is life...
Brendan C.
David Lengyel

Post by David Lengyel »

Sorry to hear about that Brendan. I would not even think about purchasing one unless I can score a great deal. Its really sad since the replacement warranty was one of the things that really seperated them.

I am glad you have had good luck wth the St Croix policy. I will have to take a look for them in my buying and selling.

Dave