Flurocarbon Line.

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
BTwizy

Flurocarbon Line.

Post by BTwizy »

Thanks again for the inut guys, Im def going to stick with the Berkley. Idk what kinda knot im tying but i tried to do a palmor knot last night, and not as easy as I thought it would be.. gona take some practice especially on a jig.
Fire Ball

Flurocarbon Line.

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: BTwizyThanks again for the inut guys, Im def going to stick with the Berkley. Idk what kinda knot im tying but i tried to do a palmor knot last night, and not as easy as I thought it would be.. gona take some practice especially on a jig.
I personally think the palomar is one of the easiest knots to tie. If you don't know what knot you were tying, then that is probably what was causing the breakages.
BTwizy

Flurocarbon Line.

Post by BTwizy »

Possible! Its a knot my dad showed me when I was a kid.... and gettin the loop around the jig with all those hairs was frustrating lol... I keep getin um all caught up!
Fire Ball

Flurocarbon Line.

Post by Fire Ball »

Originally Posted By: BTwizyPossible! Its a knot my dad showed me when I was a kid.... and gettin the loop around the jig with all those hairs was frustrating lol... I keep getin um all caught up!
Just make your loop bigger and it will be a lot easier. I don't have any problems with tying on 8" swimbait or massive jigs even.
fishfool

Flurocarbon Line.

Post by fishfool »

Used Berkley 100% for several years with no problems, even with 8# when the situation called for it. Be sure you lubricate your knot well.
Crestliner

Flurocarbon Line.

Post by Crestliner »

When I started out tossing big swimbaits, it was recommended to use the Berkley 100% Fluoro. I loaded my 6500C with 25# test. What a disaster! Kinky and loaded with memory. I went on some swimbait sites and talked with Bill at Bill's Bait in Norton Mass. They recommeded Triple Fish Perlon Mono instead. I loaded up my 6500 and have never looked back. Must better casting ability, low stretch and toughness. For tossing swimbaits, this is one fine monofilament line.

As far as fluoro goes though, I use it on two of my lighter rigs. I have to use the Vanish Transition though, due to these older eyes needing to actually see the line. Both these rigs have 8# test on them and I've never had a problem, either with knot tying/strength, or excessive memory. Both these rigs are what I use for smallie fishing when presenting tubes or Senkos. Works for me! >/smile.gif" alt="smile" title="smile" height="15" width="15" />
allen howard

Flurocarbon Line.

Post by allen howard »

I started useing vicious pro floro last year and have been very happy with it. I've used berkleys 100 % floro and didn't like it for my spining rod at all. too much line twist to put up with. Vicious also makes a great mono that is floresent witch is great for night fishing ! With black lights.. I do like trilene vanish I've had good luck with it as well.
traffic12

Flurocarbon Line.

Post by traffic12 »

i use berkley's floro 10 lbs here on the potomac river and i have problems sometime on my spinning gear, but it is tough, never broke off and i use the palomar knot, but around the grass beds, i use power pro in 50 lb on my spinning rod. i like the 100 floro better than vanish!!