The Reel Repair God smiled om me today!

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

have an old Calcutta 150 that I use for throwing little cranks at the bank. Used it the other day while filming some video for a project I'm working on with a friend and I wasn't happy with its performance. So tonight I decide to pull it apart and give it a good cleaning. Well... I get her down and notice the level wind is really gunked up with dirt. I pop off the little clip that holds the worm gear assembly in place and its gone. I heard it hit wood and the search begins. The whole work bench gets stripped and I can't find it, then its hands and knees time with my old headlamp in hand. Nothin again. I'm not going to get upset, I'll contact Funky at Dominion Tackle and Reel Repair and he'll shoot one up here, so I AM NOT GOING TO GET UPSET!!!. You all know where I am mentally now. While I was looking I wanted to use an LED flash light because it makes metal flash a bit more and its easier to find. Well I can't find the flashlight either. I give up looking and finish the cleaning and everything is back together except the clip. I look and under a paper towel is the LED Flashlight. I pick it up to put it where it belongs and my fingertip lands on the clip which has been stuck on the far side of the flashlight by the grease that was on it.!! I put down the flashlight and when I look at my finger there it is, stuck to me like an old friend! I don't know why, maybe its clean living, But Easter was pretty good to me!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
mofish

Post by mofish »

That is why I take the reel apart inside a small box, If something get away from me I know that it will fall inside the box and be easy to find. Glad everything worked out for you!!
Thanks,
Conley Staley
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Nothing like flying parts... great little story too... I;m glad it all worked out.
Brendan C.