Rapala® Touch-Screen Scales Thoughts

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
wgbassgirl

Post by wgbassgirl »

So Rapala has a new Touch Screen scale with a lot of features, but it seems to be geared more towards the Tournament Fisherman, just wondering what are some thoughts regarding this scale and if it is something that you would purchase.

Here's the link to the scale.

Rapala Touch Screen Scales
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Interesting... at first glance though it doesn't appear to make an association between the fish's weight recorded and the number on the marker, but if you zoom in on the photo, it does have numbers 1-8 on the plastic (not easily seen from the photo). For the price it seems pretty cool. I personally use the xTools System and would be lost without one. There is one weakness to that system though... it is not easy to reset a single fish's weight if they thrash around while being weighed. There is an option to remove the last weight but most of the time it messes up the entire limit.

I'm wondering if this might have an easier way to add and remove individual fish's recorded weights from the scale. It appears like it does have a "clear" option on the touch screen. That's a nice feature...
Brendan C.
SCBassboy1984

Post by SCBassboy1984 »

i have one,and its great,easy 2 use.and u can cull out a fish very easy and quickly,its a little on the pricey side,but i think its worth the money