Flouro, any suggestions?

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
allen howard

Flouro, any suggestions?

Post by allen howard »

I've been useing Vicious pro elite 20lb for two years now and haven't had a problem with it. You didn't say how you were breaking off. Is it at the knot or is the line breaking off at the rod. Could be how your tieing your knot at the hook. or maybe your drag is set too tight. Even when I'm trying to break it off when I'm hung up it's all I can do to get it to break. Always check for any nicks or cuts in your line and retie often. I use Vanish 10lb and 14lb on my spinning gear and haven't had any bad results from it either. I got some Sunline from an FLW freind of mine it seemed to work well but it's kind of high priced.
brendanc

Flouro, any suggestions?

Post by brendanc »

Originally Posted By: alycatI've been useing Vicious pro elite 20lb for two years now and haven't had a problem with it. You didn't say how you were breaking off. Is it at the knot or is the line breaking off at the rod. Could be how your tieing your knot at the hook. or maybe your drag is set too tight. Even when I'm trying to break it off when I'm hung up it's all I can do to get it to break. Always check for any nicks or cuts in your line and retie often. I use Vanish 10lb and 14lb on my spinning gear and haven't had any bad results from it either. I got some Sunline from an FLW freind of mine it seemed to work well but it's kind of high priced.

It's not breaking at the knot... it's breaking in the middle and sometimes at the reel. Fishing around a lot of rocks and this stuff just doesn't hold up well in heavy rocks. Ask anyone who fishes with me, all I do is check my line and retire, over and over, all day. I annoy my fishing partners because I'm constantly remined them to do the same. "Did you retie, check your line" lol

With AbrasX, if you get a backlash, you might as well respool because it's going to break at the reel. Again, let me stress "I might have gotten a bad spool", but when you spend close to $100 on a spool of AbrasX fluorocarbon line... I'm just not taking that gamble again.

I might try to send the spool back and see if I get a response. Just been to busy to go through the trouble at the moment.

Sorry for the negative energy, but it's a sore spot for me...
Brendan C.
kspringer

Flouro, any suggestions?

Post by kspringer »

Brendan, 12lb line is for sissy's anyway!!!! Ha.....let me know if you need some Sunline, I just might have a connection!! By the way, Ive got a big package Im getting ready to send ya, its almost all here.
basser913

Flouro, any suggestions?

Post by basser913 »

I've had great luck with the bass Pro Shops XPS Floro. Great knot strength and it is tough as nails. I use the 8 and 6lb test for spinning and the 14lb for casting.
brendanc

Flouro, any suggestions?

Post by brendanc »

OC, how long does the XPS last on the spool for you? Just wondering, I've never tried their line, but have some friends that like it.
Brendan C.