What's your favorite piece of equipment?

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

The nice part about a message board is that we get the chance to share information with one another.

So what is your favorite new piece of equipment that you might have purchased over the last 2 years and why do you like it so much?
Brendan C.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Brendan C.
allenray

Post by allenray »

Well I'd say my pedistal seat for one. It really helps to save your back and is invauable in rough water. Next would be my gps unit. It really helps with a lake I'm not familiar with. and keeps track of where I've been and way points I can save for return trips.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

I hear you about the pedestal seat... finding the right one can make the difference if you have back issues.

Electronics these days are so good, it's hard to remember how we ever got by without them... especially the GPS.

As for me, I'd have to say my Minn Kota Fortrex is the one that stands out. Smooth, quiet, lift assist and deployment. I'm really happy with this new unit. I've always been a Minn Kota fan, but the new Fortrex really raised the bar.

So, that's it... we are the only two guys that got something they like over the past two years... >/wink.gif" alt="wink" title="wink" height="15" width="15" />
Brendan C.
allenray

Post by allenray »

I'm planning maybe next year to upgrade to a bigger trolling motor. Probly a 24v setup. I have a 43lb thrust now but it really isn't enough in high wind situations. I also want to install a livewell valve for remote empty. Instead of pulling the plug inside. Oh forgot I installed a 3 bank charger last season it works awsome. Makes charging a breeze. And I moved the spare tire mount to the tounge frame instead of under the boat. Which helps with getting in and out of the boat while loading and unloading as well. I also added 4 lighter plugs on each side of the boat for plugging in black lights for night fishing to eliminate a tangle of wires. And mounted the lights to rod holders to keep them stable on the boat and I don't have to worry about them falling off while on plane.
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

I Picked up a new trolling motor, a 70# Maxxum. Haven't had time to put it on yet. I bought a St. Croix Rage rod, Haven't caught a fish on it yet. Built a boat Cart and love it. Makes running boat down a trail to remote waters easy! And I've used it! If I could post a pic I'd show it off. I bought a new computer so I could hang out here! Right now I'm saving up for a Side Imaging unit! I hope powerball is kind to me!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Sounds like you boys have it all planned out. I'm considering a shallow water anchor, but haven't made up my mind yet.
Brendan C.