my planer board design hobby

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
BulBob

Post by BulBob »

Designing planer boards is a hobby I am hooked on and wanted to share my ideas and developments. These are not for sale due to possible patent infringement.

Anyhow, I'm testing wings and tails on small custom molded foam planer boards. I had the foam bodies molded in China in 4 sizes. I am drilling the hole and cutting the slot and inserting different shape wings and tails in the slot. I cut the shapes out of a milk jug. The foam bodies I'm testing are 3" long.

This is a close up of P3 pulling a lure larger then itself. The wing kept the attack angle stable at speeds from 0.2 to 2.0 mph. The furl off the keel hits the wing harder the faster you go keeping it stable. Forgive me for struggling to explain how it works, I'm still trying to mechanically rationalize my observations and put them into words!

Here are P3 and P5 planing way out to the side with large lures.

Paul
Paul Lieb
Home of BulletBobbers
www.bulletbobber.com
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Cool Stuff! Everybody is Tournament minded nowadays, but I love trolling. Designing something is lots of fun. If you increase the weight on the belly can you get a higher speed out of them? By Attaching the tow line to the edge of the wing does that did the opposite wing into the water making it a second keel? If you made the opposite wing longer to work as a keep could you get more speed?
I have a ton of questions already!!!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York