Humminbird 360 Bow with Onix 10ci NT

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
brendanc

Humminbird 360 Bow with Onix 10ci NT

Post by brendanc »

Well, I've been waiting a while since Humminbird released the 360 units before taking the plunge (not to mention needing to save up the money to afford to buy this setup... ouch!)

Not sure if anyone has been researching these at all, but the real time viewing capabilities are just what's missing from Side Imaging today. I've been using a 997 since they first came out. Love the unit and what it offers... unfortunately it's old and not compatible with the newer units. I've also been having some issues with my 997 where my screen will freeze up near the end of the day.

Having the ability to see out in front of the boat and off to the sides is a real game changer (IMO). To be able to track the movements of schools of bait fish and bass in real time on your screen is just amazing.

I've always been a huge Lowerance fan (still am for 2D sonar), but with SI and now 360 imaging, Humminbird is setting themselves apart. I'll be sure to report back on my experiences with both the Onix 10 NT ci and the 360 Bow once I've had some time to put them to good use.

Any else looking into these units at all? What do you think about the technology? How do you think it might change the way you approach fishing (if at all)?

Hope to hear some feedback...
Brendan C.