Dont let those fish flop around

Just getting started in Bass Fishing? Hey, everyone started at some point. There are no wrong questions here, only the ones you don't ask. This is the place to ask for help on the basics.
MbBass

Post by MbBass »

I have been noticeing when i go fishing when people do manage to catch something they will let it flop around on the ground.Since i have been stocking a pond i had to do a little reading on the fish i am now addicted to.

When you allow a fish to flop around on the ground, you maybe killing the fish you intend to release to catch another day.It looses the slime and is very prone to sickness and disease!

So if you see this let the other person know what they are doing.So WE can catch that fish again.Later on
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

It is sad to say that I even see some of the top name pros let fish flop around on the deck of their bass boats!
Brendan C.
MbBass

Post by MbBass »

Well i dont know if i said before or not where i was getting my BG, but here goes.My uncle has a pond that is about 15 years old.Nothing but BG and Hbg,GSF and pumkin seed BG and some others that i am getting identified.But i have a bunch of 55 gallon plastic bens.

Me most of the time but sometimes i get to take a friend or 2 with me.We have caught all these BG on bread balls.Most times you can fish for a hour and get like 50 to 75.But i have about 800 BG to my 50 LMB.All in the range of 2 lbs all the way up to 6.7 pounds.Some LMB look to be northern and some florida strain.And all have swam away none have died in the transport at all.

I jst take out water before i go and put new in.I will post some of the pictures of the BG that i have been putting in.They are some crazy lookin BG and hybrid BG.If i post the link can one of you guys put them up?Thanx and take care of the fish.

p.s.Anytime you fellas want to come down you can fish the pond.You should see all the kids that i am trying to teach while i am learning myself.lol

P.S. again.It took me almost 3 weeks to catch the BG and i stocked 2 inchers to 8 inchers.Now i am done.
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Whats a GSF???
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
MbBass

Post by MbBass »

Green sun fish.But there are hybrids of those as well.Since i started this whole stock my pond thing i am now on pond boss and i have learned so much about the fish i love to catch.

The green sun fish are like blue gill but kinda like a small bass.Real nice lookin fish.
GSF=Green sun fish
LMB= Large mouth Bass
PSBG=Pumpkin seed Blue Gill
HBG=Hybrid Blue Gill
And i have others that are a mix of all of the above exept the LMB of course.Hope this helps.
MbBass

Post by MbBass »

My uncles pond is about 10 years old.Some crazy lookin cross breads goin on , huh?He only lives about 10 minutes away from me even if i catch all the traffic lights.

As for my pond it is a little over 2 acres and it filters down to marsh land dammed by big rocks.The deepest section is 15 ft but gets shallow around the rock dam to about 3 feet.The pond is about 3 years old.

I have a picture of a LMB that i caught today this pig was 7.10 pounds.That was so fun.It started raining and i told myself 1 more cast and i got to go,Baaaaaaaaaaaaam there she was.I'll post that picture later on tonight or tomarrow.The power of the weightless senko, is mine.later, nunz .