Bass with red lipps

Just getting started in Bass Fishing? Hey, everyone started at some point. There are no wrong questions here, only the ones you don't ask. This is the place to ask for help on the basics.
MbBass

Bass with red lipps

Post by MbBass »

I have been catching bass lately with red lips.Brendon wrote back in a post said that he too had been catching bass with red lipps.

So i have been doing some asking and some more reading. And my friends at pond boss hooked me up with a good read.It was talking about bass with red lipps and the reason for this.

Come to find out the reason for all this is crayfish.It has something to do with the minerals that the crayfish has in its shell.And the crayfish will also make the fins and tail red as well.So if you notice this and just like the article said if fishing is kinda slow and you notice the red lipps.Try switching to a jig with a crayfish on it.

Hope this helps catching some more fish.And finally we all know why those lipps are red.Later on,catch and release,or CPR.
johnnie crain outdoors

Bass with red lipps

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Geeez I just thought the red lipped bass were females, trying to attract males for spawning. LOL. Johnnie
Johnnie Crain
MbBass

Bass with red lipps

Post by MbBass »

see and i thought i could bring something new to the table.Oh well i tried.
mofish

Bass with red lipps

Post by mofish »

Very good research there on your part. I have caught them with red lips and seen the claws of craws sticking out there throat. Now I know why. Thanks
Thanks,
Conley Staley
brendanc

Bass with red lipps

Post by brendanc »

MbBass,

Johnnie is just having fun... you keep bringing info to the boards... trust me other people have read your post and probably had no idea that Crayfish were to blame for the red lips and not LIPSTICK!
Brendan C.
MbBass

Bass with red lipps

Post by MbBass »

Nah i was just givein johnie a hard time back.That why i posted that on the begginers board.And we know that Johnie isnt a begginer.

If they have red lips you know that they are still bottom feeding so you can fish accordingly.Fish have really been nailing everything lately.Still no fish on a crank bait,that sukz.
MbBass

Bass with red lipps

Post by MbBass »

Well go ahead with yo bad self.That makes sense as well.They made it sound like the deep red when you catch them are cause of the crawfish.Not all i catch have those blood red lips.

The wind has been nutz here the past day and a half.Hard to fish when it is like that.I just see where the current is flowing to and more times than not you will find the bass around that area.

Funny when you go out fishing and only manage to catch a few, you will alwayz remember those dayz you catch a couple dozen real fast and everything works.All exept crack bait that is,lol