Just what is a Barometer!

Just getting started in Bass Fishing? Hey, everyone started at some point. There are no wrong questions here, only the ones you don't ask. This is the place to ask for help on the basics.
BTwizy

Post by BTwizy »

Yes Ima take Hookfinns advice and ask my dumb questions! So just what does a barometer do and how does it affect the bass fishing. I would also love any advise you guys got on fishing diffrent weather patterns...from cold fronts to rain.. thanks in advance guys.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Hi BTwizy,

Glad you took HookFynn's advise... We had a few really good topics going on a few months ago about Barometers, that I think you will enjoy reading. Here are the links:

http://www.bassinusa.com/forum/ubbthrea ... #Post10472

http://www.bassinusa.com/forum/ubbthrea ... #Post10722

After you have had a chance to read these posts, let us know if there is anything we left out that you would like us to touch on, or if there is anything we can explain in greater detail.

Thanks again for posting...

BC
Brendan C.
BTwizy

Post by BTwizy »

Thanks that was pretty imformative.....I need to spend some time and really read through everything u guys got posted!
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Cool... I figured that it would give you a good starting point. I forgot to post the definition of a barometer:

"A barometer is an instrument used to measure atmospheric pressure. It can measure the pressure exerted by the atmosphere by using water, air, or mercury. Pressure tendency can forecast short term changes in the weather. Numerous measurements of air pressure are used within surface weather analysis to help find surface troughs, high pressure systems, and frontal boundaries."

Let us know if you need us to elaborate on anything...

Brendan
Brendan C.